Head Coach

Ugh.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
G08
Hall of Famer

Looks like he's saying some shit, she gets in his face, he pushes her away and then she hits him in the face. Then she gets up and goes walking after him?

I'll never understand these things.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

UOK
Site Admin

It sucks because it looks like two drunk people doing stupid shit and I mean, yeah, he shouldn't have done that, but I don't think she's all that injured, just loopy and shitfaced.

Compared to Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend the fuck out with a right cross to the chin, this is jack shit, but it does speak to maybe the guy not having a great moral character.
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:It sucks because it looks like two drunk people doing stupid shit and I mean, yeah, he shouldn't have done that, but I don't think she's all that injured, just loopy and shitfaced.

Compared to Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend the fuck out with a right cross to the chin, this is jack shit, but it does speak to maybe the guy not having a great moral character.
Don't get me wrong, what Kareem Hunt did was wrong. I'm just trying to think about it as if it was my daughter and what I would say.

I would say, if there's a large dude pissed off about something, don't walk toward him like you're ready to start some shit. That's just me.

wab
Mod

As a guy with two daughters, it's tough. I don't want either of them hurling racial slurs or taking a swing at a man (or anyone really) but I also don't want either of them getting shoved around by some drunk dude that was angry because he was apparently provoked.
wab
Mod

Also the "Brutalized" headline is a little bit of sensationalism.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Id say "brutalized" and "tackling" are a bit much. Obviously just drunk people being dumb, but I don't see a way out of a suspension.
GSH
MVP

Chiefs just released him.

Seems its more about the fact that this happened in Feb, he lied about it and they just saw the video contradicting his version of events. Dude is gone ( probs to redskins ).
GSH
MVP

also have to say it kinda sucks having guys in here almost attributing blame to the girl for getting in his face.

look, you are an NFL player, you know how strong you are. The video shows hunt had several opportunities to walk way ( less be dragged away by friends telling him ' no dont do this, not worth it, dude you'll get fucked' etc.

still did it. still couldnt walk away from a 100 lb girl you really felt thretened by?

nothing good has ever happened to anyone in a hotel lobby after 2am.
G08
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote:also have to say it kinda sucks having guys in here almost attributing blame to the girl for getting in his face.

look, you are an NFL player, you know how strong you are. The video shows hunt had several opportunities to walk way ( less be dragged away by friends telling him ' no dont do this, not worth it, dude you'll get fucked' etc.

still did it. still couldnt walk away from a 100 lb girl you really felt thretened by?

nothing good has ever happened to anyone in a hotel lobby after 2am.
He did walk away/get pulled away though. She went after him, shoved a dude and then got pinballed when that dude got crushed back into her.

Or am I seeing this video wrong?

GSH
MVP

so what if she went after him? you are an NFL player who destroys grown ass men for a living, you have millions of dollars riding on your decision to walk away and go back to your hotel room party or try to prove some point against some drunk thot?

she was trying to provoke him yes. her friend took out a phone to film it right away you see hunts dude snatch it off her after the other girl falls down.

either way, hunt had plenty of opportunities to laugh in her face, go back to bed and count stacks.

please dont defend him in any way GO8, you always seemed cool.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

No ones defending him. But if Hunt can be condemned for not walking away, then so can the girl. Neither of them did the right thing.
G08
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote:so what if she went after him? you are an NFL player who destroys grown ass men for a living, you have millions of dollars riding on your decision to walk away and go back to your hotel room party or try to prove some point against some drunk thot?

she was trying to provoke him yes. her friend took out a phone to film it right away you see hunts dude snatch it off her after the other girl falls down.

either way, hunt had plenty of opportunities to laugh in her face, go back to bed and count stacks.

please dont defend him in any way GO8, you always seemed cool.
I'm not defending him man, trust me. I take this shit very seriously because unfortunately I've had years of observing domestic violence as a kid. I'm just a very literal person and when I think "equality" I think that neither man nor woman should lay their hands on another person, ever.

If that was Kevin Hart in the video and everything played out the same, I don't think anyone would have batted an eye. That doesn't seem right to me. To my point earlier, if that was my daughter, I would have told her to leave the situation once that dude who is 3 times your size was pulled away from your line of sight. What are you trying to accomplish by walking back and trying to enrage a bull who is already seeing red?

G08
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:No ones defending him. But if Hunt can be condemned for not walking away, then so can the girl. Neither of them did the right thing.
That's all I'm saying.

GSH
MVP

alexwilkins wrote:No ones defending him. But if Hunt can be condemned for not walking away, then so can the girl. Neither of them did the right thing.
She shouldnt have acted up sure.

Was Hunt ever in danger? no. Ill say she's dumb sure, but thats about it. This is all on him and he deserves to lose his livelihood over it.

edit: to answer your question G08, she was obvs baiting him into the exact situation that played out, hence her girlfriend was so quick to start filming on her phone. watch it again. hunt got played and instead of just "whatever bitch" he kept going back to assault her, went through people to do so and kicked her while she was on the ground.

Wasnt 'defending' himself, dude wanted to fuck her up.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:It sucks because it looks like two drunk people doing stupid shit and I mean, yeah, he shouldn't have done that, but I don't think she's all that injured, just loopy and shitfaced.

Let the criminal investigation, if any, play out and see if we can get him to fit in here pending the results of that.

He knows the offense and he's a beast.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

GSH wrote:
She shouldnt have acted up sure.

Was Hunt ever in danger? no. Ill say she's dumb sure, but thats about it. This is all on him and he deserves to lose his livelihood over it.

edit: to answer your question G08, she was obvs baiting him into the exact situation that played out, hence her girlfriend was so quick to start filming on her phone. watch it again. hunt got played and instead of just "whatever bitch" he kept going back to assault her, went through people to do so and kicked her while she was on the ground.

Wasnt 'defending' himself, dude wanted to fuck her up.
I went back and forth on this and you hit the nail on the head.

The dude had multiple times to walk away before it turned into what it is, then he lied about it to the NFL/Chiefs because nobody released the video.

Now, there is some snake in the grass stuff here as well on the two women, but he himself chose his reaction when he could have just left them in the hallway and went back to partying with friends. He chose to mislead his team and the NFL when he thought there was no tape.

He isn't sorry about the incident, he is sorry that the truth go out and he is hosed.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote:

Let the criminal investigation, if any, play out and see if we can get him to fit in here pending the results of that.

Nope, skunks don't change their stripes. Too much other talent in the draft/udfa's and other places to bring shit shows in.
cblaz11
MVP

He’ll get suspended for 6 games...After that, yes, I look into bringing him over.

The guy was wrong, as was the female. Apparently she slapped him and made numerous racial slurs. Still, that’s no reason for doing what he did.

That said, we have a 22 year old kid, in a drunk argument, and he royally messed up. He should face the music, take the suspension, go through the steps to improve himself..But I don’t think the rest of his life should be ruined over this.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Pass on he idea of signing him. (From the little bit I know about this and watching the video...)

He was wrong. And if he hadn’t been held back who knows what would have happened. He was out of control. It was disgusting behavior.

She was wrong too. I don’t want to sign her either fwiw.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

He allegedly had an incident in July as well where he punched a man. As the article points out, he was drinking in both incidents. I would assume he would be made to get some treatment, alcohol and anger management prior to be allowed to play again.

https://kckingdom.com/2018/06/06/kansas ... tercation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BR0D1E86
MVP

I tell you what though.... The Redskins sure got off the stupidity front page pretty quickly after the Ruben Foster deal.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote:I tell you what though.... The Redskins sure got off the stupidity front page pretty quickly after the Ruben Foster deal.
Oh, they'll jump back on it as soon as he steps on the field.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I don't know. People say he was never in danger from a 100lb woman. But she could have raked her nails across his face and scarred him or poked/scratched his eye. Loss of vision could result in losing his ability to perform in the NFL and a nasty facial scar would keep him from doing any kind of commercial advertising work.

So I don't completely buy that he was never in any danger.

But I don't watch that video and feel real sorry for him either.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
G08
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:

Been reading about this on various forums and twitter... I find the ranges of opinions fascinating. That being said, a lawyer indicated that based on the evidence this would be considered a misdemeanor at most and that it *should* cost Hunt 2-3 games.

I don't think the Bears will even sniff him, though. Me? I'd kick the tires on the kid IF I felt he was remorseful for his anger issues and genuinely wanted to have a chance to prove himself. I don't believe something like this should ruin a young man's life (this ostensibly could cost him millions upon millions of dollars).

Still... after the McDonald thing I don't see this happening.

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:

Been reading about this on various forums and twitter... I find the ranges of opinions fascinating. That being said, a lawyer indicated that based on the evidence this would be considered a misdemeanor at most and that it *should* cost Hunt 2-3 games.

I don't think the Bears will even sniff him, though. Me? I'd kick the tires on the kid IF I felt he was remorseful for his anger issues and genuinely wanted to have a chance to prove himself. I don't believe something like this should ruin a young man's life (this ostensibly could cost him millions upon millions of dollars).

I sincerely agree with the sentiment that this shouldn't ruin someone's life and yes I fully admit and want to take advantage of this opportunity.

Say that this incident costs him a job permanently in the league. Then what? Five years from now he robs someplace and hurts someone in the process? Gets addicted to drugs and then his life is over in his mid-20s? Over what exactly? An altercation?

A lot of people in the media are going to condemn this guy ad nauseam for the next several weeks, months maybe even years. I'd love to see what their private lives look like yet they're so quick to judge, condemn and try to ruin a guy's life over this.

Professional athletes are human beings just like the rest of us. None of us are perfect. Yet we put them on this high pedestal for personal behavior because they get paid millions of dollars and can do cool shit in sports. It isn't fair.

If it were me as the GM of the Bears, I'd be ringing his phone off the hook right now because a massive opportunity just landed in our lap.
G08
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:

I sincerely agree with the sentiment that this shouldn't ruin someone's life and yes I fully admit and want to take advantage of this opportunity.

Say that this incident costs him a job permanently in the league. Then what? Five years from now he robs someplace and hurts someone in the process? Gets addicted to drugs and then his life is over in his mid-20s? Over what exactly? An altercation?

A lot of people in the media are going to condemn this guy ad nauseam for the next several weeks, months maybe even years. I'd love to see what their private lives look like yet they're so quick to judge, condemn and try to ruin a guy's life over this.

Professional athletes are human beings just like the rest of us. None of us are perfect. Yet we put them on this high pedestal for personal behavior because they get paid millions of dollars and can do cool shit in sports. It isn't fair.

If it were me as the GM of the Bears, I'd be ringing his phone off the hook right now because a massive opportunity just landed in our lap.
The publicity alone that it would put on the Bears wouldn't be worth it to ownership, IMO.

Also, anyone see the coverage of this on ESPN? I found it fascinating they completely edited out the part where the woman went back after Hunt was pulled away and shoved a dude into him, who went flying into Hunt and pinballed back into her, knocking her to the ground. Disingenuous at best.

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

one aspect of all of this I find curious is the NFL's "investigative" abilities

article in the Washington Post today said the NFL investigated back in February, but the hotel wouldn't give them access to the video, only to law enforcement ... then after the video is obtained (unassumingly from law enforcement) and then released by TMZ, the NFL says they simply didn't know about what was on it

so no one from the NFL's Inspector Clouseau group bothered to speak to local law enforcement? while no charges were filed at the time, they could have seen and known what was on that video back in February ... their actions then, and excuses now, indicate to me they were more interested in this simply dying down and going away rather than finding out what happened which is a sad testament to their hypocritical proclamations on matters such as this

as to the video itself, I agree it seems like drunk people doing stupid shit, which happens all the time ... Hunt screwed himself by lying about it to the team, probably with the same mindset as the NFL investigators - let it die down and go away ... hell, he may have even gotten that advice from the NFL

if Hunt had been upfront, he probably would have gotten substance abuse counseling and a trip to rehab but not much else since no charges were filed ... and if he had been honest at the time, it probably would have died down and gone away, chalked up as a stupid drunken incident and nothing more

I understand the Chiefs being upset finding out Hunt lied to them and now this becoming a major issue ... I don't understand why the NFL didn't take it more seriously back in February, meaning their report back to the Chiefs at the time was probably along the lines of "nothing to see here" ... so the Chiefs organization should be just as upset at the NFL for not finding out the full story when they had the chance
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Umbali
MVP

http://dailysnark.com/breaking-washingt ... 6acQHdVFmE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers