View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Search for:
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:44 am 
Offline
MVP

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 am
Posts: 1000
Pass on he idea of signing him. (From the little bit I know about this and watching the video...)

He was wrong. And if he hadn’t been held back who knows what would have happened. He was out of control. It was disgusting behavior.

She was wrong too. I don’t want to sign her either fwiw.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 4580
Location: Armpit of IL.
He allegedly had an incident in July as well where he punched a man. As the article points out, he was drinking in both incidents. I would assume he would be made to get some treatment, alcohol and anger management prior to be allowed to play again.

https://kckingdom.com/2018/06/06/kansas ... tercation/


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:54 am 
Offline
MVP

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 am
Posts: 1000
I tell you what though.... The Redskins sure got off the stupidity front page pretty quickly after the Ruben Foster deal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 6937
Location: Berwyn, IL
BR0D1E86 wrote:
I tell you what though.... The Redskins sure got off the stupidity front page pretty quickly after the Ruben Foster deal.


Oh, they'll jump back on it as soon as he steps on the field.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:11 pm 
Online
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm
Posts: 943
I don't know. People say he was never in danger from a 100lb woman. But she could have raked her nails across his face and scarred him or poked/scratched his eye. Loss of vision could result in losing his ability to perform in the NFL and a nasty facial scar would keep him from doing any kind of commercial advertising work.

So I don't completely buy that he was never in any danger.

But I don't watch that video and feel real sorry for him either.

_________________
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 13961
Location: World Championsville
The Marshall Plan wrote:
UOK wrote:
It sucks because it looks like two drunk people doing stupid shit and I mean, yeah, he shouldn't have done that, but I don't think she's all that injured, just loopy and shitfaced.

Compared to Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend the fuck out with a right cross to the chin, this is jack shit, but it does speak to maybe the guy not having a great moral character.


Let the criminal investigation, if any, play out and see if we can get him to fit in here pending the results of that.

He knows the offense and he's a beast.


Been reading about this on various forums and twitter... I find the ranges of opinions fascinating. That being said, a lawyer indicated that based on the evidence this would be considered a misdemeanor at most and that it *should* cost Hunt 2-3 games.

I don't think the Bears will even sniff him, though. Me? I'd kick the tires on the kid IF I felt he was remorseful for his anger issues and genuinely wanted to have a chance to prove himself. I don't believe something like this should ruin a young man's life (this ostensibly could cost him millions upon millions of dollars).

Still... after the McDonald thing I don't see this happening.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Posts: 926
G08 wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
UOK wrote:
It sucks because it looks like two drunk people doing stupid shit and I mean, yeah, he shouldn't have done that, but I don't think she's all that injured, just loopy and shitfaced.

Compared to Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend the fuck out with a right cross to the chin, this is jack shit, but it does speak to maybe the guy not having a great moral character.


Let the criminal investigation, if any, play out and see if we can get him to fit in here pending the results of that.

He knows the offense and he's a beast.


Been reading about this on various forums and twitter... I find the ranges of opinions fascinating. That being said, a lawyer indicated that based on the evidence this would be considered a misdemeanor at most and that it *should* cost Hunt 2-3 games.

I don't think the Bears will even sniff him, though. Me? I'd kick the tires on the kid IF I felt he was remorseful for his anger issues and genuinely wanted to have a chance to prove himself. I don't believe something like this should ruin a young man's life (this ostensibly could cost him millions upon millions of dollars).

Still... after the McDonald thing I don't see this happening.


I sincerely agree with the sentiment that this shouldn't ruin someone's life and yes I fully admit and want to take advantage of this opportunity.

Say that this incident costs him a job permanently in the league. Then what? Five years from now he robs someplace and hurts someone in the process? Gets addicted to drugs and then his life is over in his mid-20s? Over what exactly? An altercation?

A lot of people in the media are going to condemn this guy ad nauseam for the next several weeks, months maybe even years. I'd love to see what their private lives look like yet they're so quick to judge, condemn and try to ruin a guy's life over this.

Professional athletes are human beings just like the rest of us. None of us are perfect. Yet we put them on this high pedestal for personal behavior because they get paid millions of dollars and can do cool shit in sports. It isn't fair.

If it were me as the GM of the Bears, I'd be ringing his phone off the hook right now because a massive opportunity just landed in our lap.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:55 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 13961
Location: World Championsville
The Marshall Plan wrote:
G08 wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
UOK wrote:
It sucks because it looks like two drunk people doing stupid shit and I mean, yeah, he shouldn't have done that, but I don't think she's all that injured, just loopy and shitfaced.

Compared to Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend the fuck out with a right cross to the chin, this is jack shit, but it does speak to maybe the guy not having a great moral character.


Let the criminal investigation, if any, play out and see if we can get him to fit in here pending the results of that.

He knows the offense and he's a beast.


Been reading about this on various forums and twitter... I find the ranges of opinions fascinating. That being said, a lawyer indicated that based on the evidence this would be considered a misdemeanor at most and that it *should* cost Hunt 2-3 games.

I don't think the Bears will even sniff him, though. Me? I'd kick the tires on the kid IF I felt he was remorseful for his anger issues and genuinely wanted to have a chance to prove himself. I don't believe something like this should ruin a young man's life (this ostensibly could cost him millions upon millions of dollars).

Still... after the McDonald thing I don't see this happening.


I sincerely agree with the sentiment that this shouldn't ruin someone's life and yes I fully admit and want to take advantage of this opportunity.

Say that this incident costs him a job permanently in the league. Then what? Five years from now he robs someplace and hurts someone in the process? Gets addicted to drugs and then his life is over in his mid-20s? Over what exactly? An altercation?

A lot of people in the media are going to condemn this guy ad nauseam for the next several weeks, months maybe even years. I'd love to see what their private lives look like yet they're so quick to judge, condemn and try to ruin a guy's life over this.

Professional athletes are human beings just like the rest of us. None of us are perfect. Yet we put them on this high pedestal for personal behavior because they get paid millions of dollars and can do cool shit in sports. It isn't fair.

If it were me as the GM of the Bears, I'd be ringing his phone off the hook right now because a massive opportunity just landed in our lap.


The publicity alone that it would put on the Bears wouldn't be worth it to ownership, IMO.

Also, anyone see the coverage of this on ESPN? I found it fascinating they completely edited out the part where the woman went back after Hunt was pulled away and shoved a dude into him, who went flying into Hunt and pinballed back into her, knocking her to the ground. Disingenuous at best.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 14073
Location: The Bear Nebula
one aspect of all of this I find curious is the NFL's "investigative" abilities

article in the Washington Post today said the NFL investigated back in February, but the hotel wouldn't give them access to the video, only to law enforcement ... then after the video is obtained (unassumingly from law enforcement) and then released by TMZ, the NFL says they simply didn't know about what was on it

so no one from the NFL's Inspector Clouseau group bothered to speak to local law enforcement? while no charges were filed at the time, they could have seen and known what was on that video back in February ... their actions then, and excuses now, indicate to me they were more interested in this simply dying down and going away rather than finding out what happened which is a sad testament to their hypocritical proclamations on matters such as this

as to the video itself, I agree it seems like drunk people doing stupid shit, which happens all the time ... Hunt screwed himself by lying about it to the team, probably with the same mindset as the NFL investigators - let it die down and go away ... hell, he may have even gotten that advice from the NFL

if Hunt had been upfront, he probably would have gotten substance abuse counseling and a trip to rehab but not much else since no charges were filed ... and if he had been honest at the time, it probably would have died down and gone away, chalked up as a stupid drunken incident and nothing more

I understand the Chiefs being upset finding out Hunt lied to them and now this becoming a major issue ... I don't understand why the NFL didn't take it more seriously back in February, meaning their report back to the Chiefs at the time was probably along the lines of "nothing to see here" ... so the Chiefs organization should be just as upset at the NFL for not finding out the full story when they had the chance

_________________
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

Image
BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
Player of the Month

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:32 pm
Posts: 323
http://dailysnark.com/breaking-washingt ... 6acQHdVFmE

_________________
Via UOK
Ive got a lot of anger to ration out over the next 4-5 months, and I'm sure as hell not going to dump it out recklessly here in freakin' August.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group