Redskins @ Eagles

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BR0D1E86
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:i lol, i love the argument that the last two years when the 49ers were a complete and totaly clusterfuck under fucking jim tomsula and nfl pariah chip kelly that a dip in colin's production was completely his fault.

robert griffen has a fucking job in the nfl and after his first promising season he's been complete and total trash. god damn nfl bootlickers.
Kaepernick has been trash himself.

I’m not saying his outspoken political actions aren’t a primary reason teams don’t want him. I’m saying it doesn’t have to be collusion for 32 general managers to individually say “That guy is borderline as a backup to begin with, AND he’s going to make waves for my team? Pass.”

Eric Reid was almost as outspoken/controversial/whatever. It took him a little while to get a job, but he did because he can play. Kaepernick doesn’t have a job because he can’t.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

so you're honestly saying you believe 32 gm's and owners and coaches independently said, without and discussion, "i dont want to sign this guy because of his political beliefs." that is the argument you are making. they did not discuss this, there was no tacit agreement amongst the owners to not hire him. it's just the independent whims of over 100 people who were like, he's not very good.

i dont understand going through life acting like this. i really dont.
BR0D1E86
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:so you're honestly saying you believe 32 gm's and owners and coaches independently said, without and discussion, "i dont want to sign this guy because of his political beliefs." that is the argument you are making. they did not discuss this, there was no tacit agreement amongst the owners to not hire him. it's just the independent whims of over 100 people who were like, he's not very good.

I mean, he’s objectively not good. So it’s not a huge stretch. Teams individually decide people aren’t good enough to be in the league all the time without collusion. I don’t see how you could objectively look at his play and make the argument that he isn’t a very marginal quarterback at best.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:so you're honestly saying you believe 32 gm's and owners and coaches independently said, without and discussion, "i dont want to sign this guy because of his political beliefs." that is the argument you are making. they did not discuss this, there was no tacit agreement amongst the owners to not hire him. it's just the independent whims of over 100 people who were like, he's not very good.

I mean, he’s objectively not good. So it’s not a huge stretch. Teams individually decide people aren’t good enough to be in the league all the time without collusion. I don’t see how you could objectively look at his play and make the argument that he isn’t a very marginal quarterback at best.
I'll make it, because Mike Glennon, Nathan Peterman, Derek Anderson, Geno Smith, AJ McCarron, Joe Flacco, and Blake Bortles still have jobs.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
BR0D1E86
MVP

thunderspirit wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

I'll make it, because Mike Glennon, Nathan Peterman, Derek Anderson, Geno Smith, AJ McCarron, Joe Flacco, and Blake Bortles still have jobs.
I am not arguing that any of those guys don’t suck. Some of them are either on the Ricky deals, or her coming off their first season after failing as the “hot back up“ and several of them are about to be unemployed. But, again, Kaepernick sucks also and those guys don’t generate a ton of controversial press to suck for their teams. My argument is that if any general manager and owner need to find a back up quarterback and they can either get Kaepernick, who sucks, or one of these guys, who suck, and one will generate a ton of negative press for their team and the other will generate nothing they will pick the latter.