Redskins @ Eagles

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

thunderspirit
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:I understand the mixed opinions on Kaepernick but anyone who does not think he is a better, and more mobile, option than Mark Sanchez is a fool IMO

there are so many second line QB's currently holding jobs that are questionable, and when a guy who hasn't thrown an NFL pass in 8 years gets a contract before Kaepernick, I am inclined to side with his opinion that there is a league wide collusion to keep him out of the league
+1.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

IMO, IF Kaepernick cared about being an NFL QB more than being a political activist, he'd be a QB in the NFL right now, possibly starting.

He quit, and has had more than one offer to return.

Screw him.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
BR0D1E86
MVP

Boris13c wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:i love gruden today saying Kaep doesnt fit what they're doing and instead they're giving ryan fucking mallet a tryout. what their qb is going to be doing is running for his life behind an OL that has already gotten 2 QB's killed this season.

and they didn't even sign Mallet ... they found someone worse :

Redskins sign Josh Johnson as new backup QB
WASHINGTON — Just two weeks after the team turned to Mark Sanchez as their backup quarterback, the Washington Redskins signed Josh Johnson Tuesday to back up Sanchez, who is now the starter, according to multiple sources.

Johnson, 32, has not thrown a pass in an NFL game since 2011, with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He is 0-5 lifetime in the NFL as a starter with five career touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He’s spent time with eight other NFL clubs and was recently selected as the top pick in the new Alliance of American Football League.
MoFugger wrote:
wab wrote:Kap also wants more than Ryan Mallett money.
Four games to the playoffs, how much is that worth?
Not that I'm saying Kap would get them there, but I know Sanchez won't.

I understand the mixed opinions on Kaepernick but anyone who does not think he is a better, and more mobile, option than Mark Sanchez is a fool IMO

there are so many second line QB's currently holding jobs that are questionable, and when a guy who hasn't thrown an NFL pass in 8 years gets a contract before Kaepernick, I am inclined to side with his opinion that there is a league wide collusion to keep him out of the league
Here’s the problem with it being league wide collusion... it doesn’t have to be organized for 32 businessmen to individually decide they don’t want to deal with his bullshit.

I think it’s obvious nobody wants to deal with a mediocre to poor backup quarterback who makes a ton of controversial headlines. It doesn’t have to be collusion for everybody to reach the same decision though.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:IMO, IF Kaepernick cared about being an NFL QB more than being a political activist, he'd be a QB in the NFL right now, possibly starting.

Screw him.
BR0D1E86 wrote:Here’s the problem with it being league wide collusion... it doesn’t have to be organized for 32 businessmen to individually decide they don’t want to deal with his bullshit.

I think it’s obvious nobody wants to deal with a mediocre to poor backup quarterback who makes a ton of controversial headlines. It doesn’t have to be collusion for everybody to reach the same decision though.

depending on which story you read, Kaepernick has had offers he refused or Kaepernick disputing those claims

all I have read lately is teams releasing statements saying they are "considering contacting" Kaepernick without actually contacting him, which to me seems like self serving attention getting bullshit

as for Kaepernick's abilities, I think he is a pretty solid second tier level guy and disagree with those who say he flat out sucks
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
malk
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:
Atkins&Rebel wrote:IMO, IF Kaepernick cared about being an NFL QB more than being a political activist, he'd be a QB in the NFL right now, possibly starting.

Screw him.
BR0D1E86 wrote:Here’s the problem with it being league wide collusion... it doesn’t have to be organized for 32 businessmen to individually decide they don’t want to deal with his bullshit.

depending on which story you read, Kaepernick has had offers he refused or Kaepernick disputing those claims

all I have read lately is teams releasing statements saying they are "considering contacting" Kaepernick without actually contacting him, which to me seems like self serving attention getting bullshit

as for Kaepernick's abilities, I think he is a pretty solid second tier level guy and disagree with those who say he flat out sucks
Kaepernick's lack of ability is way overblown here. To me he's fairly obviously a fringe starter or top level backup. Plus that's without him having a really solid offence to work with after Harbaugh (and even then?).

We gave Longneck the Red $15m+, Tyrod Taylor is getting paid (for now at least), Case Keenum and Nick Foles are gettting paid after showing the briefest of flashes. Josh McCown at 39 makes $10m this year. Until there's really credible evidence that Kaepernick is turning down those kinds of offers rather than a really lowball offer I'll offer occam's razor to go with him being blackballed.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Again. It’s legal to fire and not hire people that cost you money. Regardless of talent.
And I think his “starter ability” is way overblown. I have never seen a qb suck and quit like he did that game in Chicago.
BR0D1E86
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote:Again. It’s legal to fire and not hire people that cost you money. Regardless of talent.
And I think his “starter ability” is way overblown. I have never seen a qb suck and quit like he did that game in Chicago.
I think he’s a lower third level backup. Fringe starter is insane to me. If you’re going on pure throwing ability and accuracy he’s likely not a top 75 or 80 quarterback. Add in his running and maybe he’s a backup level guy.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:Again. It’s legal to fire and not hire people that cost you money. Regardless of talent.
I think he’s a lower third level backup. Fringe starter is insane to me. If you’re going on pure throwing ability and accuracy he’s likely not a top 75 or 80 quarterback. Add in his running and maybe he’s a backup level guy.

really?

I would rate Sanchez as a third level backup ... Kaepernick with his mobility alone would be a better option for a team with a banged up offensive line who still has a glimmer of hope for the playoffs

and Kaepernick was the QB of a team that made the Super Bowl ... out-performing Alex Smith to win the job during the season and being reasonably successful in the playoffs

I am really curious if other political factors aren't involved when someone is going to tell me Sanchez is a better option than Kaepernick at this point in their careers

so I will agree to disagree with most of you as I think Kaepernick can play ... but I'm doubting he will ever play again unless he decides to go to the new XFL starting up next spring
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

really?

I would rate Sanchez as a third level backup ... Kaepernick with his mobility alone would be a better option for a team with a banged up offensive line who still has a glimmer of hope for the playoffs

and Kaepernick was the QB of a team that made the Super Bowl ... out-performing Alex Smith to win the job during the season and being reasonably successful in the playoffs

I am really curious if other political factors aren't involved when someone is going to tell me Sanchez is a better option than Kaepernick at this point in their careers

so I will agree to disagree with most of you as I think Kaepernick can play ... but I'm doubting he will ever play again unless he decides to go to the new XFL starting up next spring
Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Stan Humphries, Tony Eason, Kerry Collins, Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, David Woodley, and Joe Kapp all say hi from the land of being mediocre and still making it to the superbowl.
Many of these QB's all have the commonality of depending on their defense and running game to make it there, while they were the tackle dummy handing the ball off or being told to throw the ball out of bounds in the 1st read was covered.
Kaepernick was better in the newly run RPO offense that Harbaugh was using, and had a triple option on most plays where he could hand off, run or pass on most plays. In his last season he had OK stats on paper, but he looked terrible when you watched him. Throws inaccurately and takes bad sacks. He also checks it down more often than is warranted. And in his last 19 starts, he only won 3 games throwing for 22 TD's and 9 int's and sacked 12% of the time.
You add in his political BS on the sidelines, and no team is winning with him. (and I don't care what any player's political cause is, if they are bringing it to the field I call it BS...)
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i lol, i love the argument that the last two years when the 49ers were a complete and totaly clusterfuck under fucking jim tomsula and nfl pariah chip kelly that a dip in colin's production was completely his fault.

robert griffen has a fucking job in the nfl and after his first promising season he's been complete and total trash. god damn nfl bootlickers.
BR0D1E86
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:i lol, i love the argument that the last two years when the 49ers were a complete and totaly clusterfuck under fucking jim tomsula and nfl pariah chip kelly that a dip in colin's production was completely his fault.

robert griffen has a fucking job in the nfl and after his first promising season he's been complete and total trash. god damn nfl bootlickers.
Kaepernick has been trash himself.

I’m not saying his outspoken political actions aren’t a primary reason teams don’t want him. I’m saying it doesn’t have to be collusion for 32 general managers to individually say “That guy is borderline as a backup to begin with, AND he’s going to make waves for my team? Pass.”

Eric Reid was almost as outspoken/controversial/whatever. It took him a little while to get a job, but he did because he can play. Kaepernick doesn’t have a job because he can’t.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

so you're honestly saying you believe 32 gm's and owners and coaches independently said, without and discussion, "i dont want to sign this guy because of his political beliefs." that is the argument you are making. they did not discuss this, there was no tacit agreement amongst the owners to not hire him. it's just the independent whims of over 100 people who were like, he's not very good.

i dont understand going through life acting like this. i really dont.
BR0D1E86
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:so you're honestly saying you believe 32 gm's and owners and coaches independently said, without and discussion, "i dont want to sign this guy because of his political beliefs." that is the argument you are making. they did not discuss this, there was no tacit agreement amongst the owners to not hire him. it's just the independent whims of over 100 people who were like, he's not very good.

I mean, he’s objectively not good. So it’s not a huge stretch. Teams individually decide people aren’t good enough to be in the league all the time without collusion. I don’t see how you could objectively look at his play and make the argument that he isn’t a very marginal quarterback at best.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:so you're honestly saying you believe 32 gm's and owners and coaches independently said, without and discussion, "i dont want to sign this guy because of his political beliefs." that is the argument you are making. they did not discuss this, there was no tacit agreement amongst the owners to not hire him. it's just the independent whims of over 100 people who were like, he's not very good.

I mean, he’s objectively not good. So it’s not a huge stretch. Teams individually decide people aren’t good enough to be in the league all the time without collusion. I don’t see how you could objectively look at his play and make the argument that he isn’t a very marginal quarterback at best.
I'll make it, because Mike Glennon, Nathan Peterman, Derek Anderson, Geno Smith, AJ McCarron, Joe Flacco, and Blake Bortles still have jobs.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
BR0D1E86
MVP

thunderspirit wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

I'll make it, because Mike Glennon, Nathan Peterman, Derek Anderson, Geno Smith, AJ McCarron, Joe Flacco, and Blake Bortles still have jobs.
I am not arguing that any of those guys don’t suck. Some of them are either on the Ricky deals, or her coming off their first season after failing as the “hot back up“ and several of them are about to be unemployed. But, again, Kaepernick sucks also and those guys don’t generate a ton of controversial press to suck for their teams. My argument is that if any general manager and owner need to find a back up quarterback and they can either get Kaepernick, who sucks, or one of these guys, who suck, and one will generate a ton of negative press for their team and the other will generate nothing they will pick the latter.