Moderator: wab

docc
Head Coach

SO FAR TODAY..
Ravens 24-17 Chiefs
Giants 40-Skins 8
Fins 28-27 Pats
Tampa 14-Saints 18

Tonight's game I am BLAMING ALL YOU CHICAGO GUYS..
Measly 30* little wind..not freezing rain or snow..
Try harder with this weather thing dammit..
G08
Hall of Famer

/s goats

LETS DO THIS!!!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

...I might go to church (doubtful).

Not sure bad weather would help the Bears, they can't run the ball.
docc
Head Coach

WALK OFF LATERAL !!
Miami wins on "miracle" walk off lateral !!
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

...On any Sunday man. That final play in Miami was nuts.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:...On any Sunday man. That final play in Miami was nuts.
I texted my co-worker friend Pats fan... "Really?"

No response. :-P :evilgrin:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

What is going on in SF? The last thing we need right now is for SF to start thinking that they can play football. It's clear that firing McCarthy has given GB a lift. FFS...
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Atlanta has been bad for weeks. At home. Then they went to Lambeau. Not worried about the Pack.

SF... I have no clue. :-/
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
G08
Hall of Famer

Aaron Rodgers is still Aaron Rodgers, I'm not taking that GB game for granted.

SF's offense looks good.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

As things have went with the Pack for years, I totally expect, A A Ron to pull something out of his ass to beat the Bears.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:As things have went with the Pack for years, I totally expect, A A Ron to pull something out of his ass to beat the Bears.
Yup.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Otis Day wrote:As things have went with the Pack for years, I totally expect, A A Ron to pull something out of his ass to beat the Bears.
Yup.
Bullshit flag. AAron's time is over. He is still gonna get stats but their defense flat out stinks. It's gonna be a 3 score win.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Yup.
Bullshit flag. AAron's time is over. He is still gonna get stats but their defense flat out stinks. It's gonna be a 3 score win.
This.

Fuck the Packers.

We beat them next Sunday and probably big. The crowd at Soldier's Field is going to be nuts over this one especially after yesterday.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Yup.
This.

Fuck the Packers.

We beat them next Sunday and probably big. The crowd at Soldier's Field is going to be nuts over this one especially after yesterday.
Packers are 0-6 away from Lambeau this year...
G08
Hall of Famer

I hope we kick their ass next week, and you know what enough of my bullshit and my seemingly never-ending fear of the "Same old Bears". The "Same old Bears" don't kick the shit out of the best offensive team in football AND win a game where our QB shits the bed.

Rodgers is on a mission, though, to prove he's great without the fat leprechaun calling plays for him. He's got something to prove, he'll make some huge plays, but we've got to answer.
UOK
Site Admin

If the Vikings lose tonight, this game can be one of two things:

1. Proof in the pudding that Aaron Rodgers, whether he's got a good team, bad team, coaches, etc etc around him, is all anyone needs to beat the Bears, as he has truly sold his soul to be the Great Football Satan of the Windy City.

2. A division title romp as the defense tramples Rodgers and the Packers in Soldier Field, the page turning.

Let's hope it's the latter.
Pagan
MVP

1) The Bears Defense has been very good/great all year & they're starting to peak at the EXACT right time to dominate in the upcoming playoffs.

2) The Oline/Howard & finally gelling with this new blocking scheme = again.. just in time & after focusing on the franchise QB's development.

3) Last night's game is obviously NOT the QB Trubiski has been developing into all year. It was obviously rust/continued soreness from his shoulder. I didn't see him being so effected bt his time off, but this game was still the domination I predicted.

Mitch will settle back into where he belongs= top half producing QB who is rapidly growing into a great QB.

The dream IS happening boyz.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Rodgers avgs against the Bears the past 8 games:

7-1 in past 8 games
Avg 22-33, 256 yds and 3 TDs. 66% completion %

He has owned the Bears.

I know it is a different team, kick ass D, but I cannot shake the thought of his ownership of this team. Until he is gone, I will always think the Pack will beat the Bears. I hate it, but have seen him kick ass way too many times.

Past 8 games, 264 attempts he has only threw one int against the Bears.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

As long as Rodgers is the QB of the Packers, I will never consider the game a slam dunk. It's the Packers. It's the oldest rivalry in the NFL. I think that the Packers are going to come into Soldier Field, looking to play spoiler, and Debbie Downer. That being said. Nagy is BRILLIANT at getting his team ready to play every Sunday. I think the Bears win this one.
G08
Hall of Famer

Out of 20 games against the Bears, Rodgers has won 16 of them -- the most against any team he's faced in the NFL.

45 TDs to 9 INTs

Almost 5,000 yards thrown
Middleguard
MVP

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Nagy is BRILLIANT at getting his team ready to play every Sunday. I think the Bears win this one.
No, he's not. Bears lost their first game of the season. Bears lost after their bye week. Bears lost after their extended layoff following their Thursday night game. Hopefully, they won't get a first round bye. Because Bears suck after an extended layoff.

This also happened during Lovie's first few years but seemed to get corrected.

Nagy needs to fix this if he wants a Superbowl.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Middleguard wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Nagy is BRILLIANT at getting his team ready to play every Sunday. I think the Bears win this one.
No, he's not. Bears lost their first game of the season. Bears lost after their bye week. Bears lost after their extended layoff following their Thursday night game. Hopefully, they won't get a first round bye. Because Bears suck after an extended layoff.

Ummm...he took a 5-11 team, and in his first year has them at 9-4, poised to win the NFC North on Sunday.

I'd say he does a pretty good job of prepping the players.
docc
Head Coach

^^^^^
This
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Middleguard wrote:

Ummm...he took a 5-11 team, and in his first year has them at 9-4, poised to win the NFC North on Sunday.

I'd say he does a pretty good job of prepping the players.
Well said.

Each of those 4 losses were also extremely close winnable games that came down to a couple of plays.
malk
Head Coach

I was a little surprised to see we're 3rd in the league in points differential this year. Obviously the Bucs game has a big impact on that but all good teams have the occasional blowout win. We total -14 in our losses this year with only one game having a differential of more than a field goal and that was only 7.

With my homer hat one, the Giants game was with Daniel under centre, the Miami game was ridiculously hot and their stadium should provide more shade by mandate and the Packers game we made mistakes in with a 1st game Head Coach, an undercooked Mack and a very new team in general. The Patriots game is the only one I don't have an "excuse" for.

I love this roster and this coaching set up!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)