Packer Week

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

@670TheScore
11 Dec 18 - 7:57 AM

#Bears' Akiem Hicks says he and his teammates didn't forget Aaron Rodgers mentioning weeks back the Packers having confidence to win out in part because of their part success at Soldier Field: "I'm real excited for Aaron to come here and play this game."
Win this game, at home in front of our fans, and we end the Packers' season WHILE clinching the NFC North as Champions AND punching our ticket for the playoffs.

I WANT THIS GAME. I want it fucking BAD.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Put that shit on the bulletin board, and then shove it down his throat on the field.

I don't just want to win this game, I want the Bears to completely break the Packers spirit before the end of the 1st half. As much of a statement as it was to beat an 11-1 Rams team, I want the Bears to bury the Packers and beat them like a 5-7-1 team should be.
G08
Hall of Famer

Patrick Mannelly

@PatrickMannelly
11h11 hours ago

Dec. 3 2006 was the last time the Bears clinched the NFC North at home. #BearsvsVikings
wab
Mod

I need this game. I NEEEEED IT!
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I need this game. I NEEEEED IT!
I'm going to be in rare form for this one, man. If there ever was a moment, to me, that would destroy my fears that it's the "Same Old Bears", this is fucking it.
BR0D1E86
MVP

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:I need this game. I NEEEEED IT!
I'm going to be in rare form for this one, man. If there ever was a moment, to me, that would destroy my fears that it's the "Same Old Bears", this is fucking it.
There have been a couple times this year where I thought the old anxiety would get washed away and it hasn’t quite yet. I think absolutely curb stomping these cheese eating pieces of crap might just do the trick.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I want to see them beat the Pack more than I w anted to see them beat the Rams.

The Pack are the Bears Kryptonite. The Bears have to overcome the evil that GB has cast over them for years. This is the classic getting back at the bully who has fucked with you for years. The victim has worked out, got stronger and hopefully smarter. The bully is coming to the Bears backyard, confident in all the past ass kickings they have given the Bears. The Bears need to stand up to the Bully, kick them in the fucking nuts, throat stomp the sons a bitches and the spit in their fucking dirty faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be with some in-laws I have trouble dealing with. They are converted Pack fans (used to be Bears fans, enough to dislike them for right there) and if the Bears get beat in front of these fuckers, I will not be able to live it down.

I hate the Packers and the Bears need this game in the worst way. GET THE FUCKIN MONKEY (#12) OFF THEIR FUCKIN BACK.

They lose I cannot even explain how pissed I will be, playoffs or not.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

I just can't shake the thought of that 13-3 season in 2001. We lost the first game to the last years SB champs and won out the rest..... except the fucking Packers. Those dicks swept us that year and were 2 of our 3 losses that season. 17 years later, I'm ready to wash that taste out of my mouth and watch the Bears absolutely obliterate Christmas in Wisconsin. I hope they're still crying in their cheese soup come New Years.
IotaNet
MVP

I know its not good BFO etiquette to duplicate posts but I thought that due to it being Packer Week, the mods might give me some grace. I posted this in another thread and it sums up my feelings about this weeks game:

I want the Bears to rip their LIVING HEARTS OUT. The Pack won big Sunday so nobody can say (after the fact) that beating them wasn't a quality win. I want them spitting BLOOD (listening to YOU, Johnny Ringo). I want Aaron Rodgers with that sour look on his face. I want them confused and arguing with each other.

I want THIS ...

Image[/quote]
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
MoFugger
Head Coach

There are no good Bears bars on the westside of Phoenix so I told my wife we would go to the Packers bar.
So if you never hear from me again, you know what happened.
KhalilSackDaddy
Practice Squad

There is no reason the Bears shouldn't beat this GB team. I just don't feel comfortable w/it b/c it's Rogers and he seems to get off on beating the Bears. I'm excited and anxious to see this game.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

AZ_Bearfan wrote:I just can't shake the thought of that 13-3 season in 2001. We lost the first game to the last years SB champs and won out the rest..... except the fucking Packers. Those dicks swept us that year and were 2 of our 3 losses that season. 17 years later, I'm ready to wash that taste out of my mouth and watch the Bears absolutely obliterate Christmas in Wisconsin. I hope they're still crying in their cheese soup come New Years.
that is 1 example of the many nightmares Goon Bay has created for us

the one that pains me to this day is the final game of the 2010 regular season in Goon Bay ... Bears win, they eliminate the Packers from the playoffs ... you would think they would be up for and all over that game but instead put in a completely putrid performance, lost 10-3 to give the Packers a Wild Card slot, and then lost to them in Chicago for the NFC Championship (the Cutler knee-gate game)

this Bears team has the opportunity to erase some very bad memories by coming out and doing to Goon Bay what they did to the Rams on defense, with Rodgers having the worst day of his career AND ending his consecutive passes without an interception streak

and I would really like Mitch and the offense to come fully alive on this day as well

make this game look like the Redskins/Giants fiasco this past Sunday, with the Bears playing the part of the Giants and being up 30-0 at halftime against the Packers
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

That 2010 NFCC game was the worst. My wife is from northern Wisconsin and her entire family are cheeseheads. I had to watch that game with her seriously annoying brother who was living for free at my house for like 3 years. Dude was so loud and drunk..... then I looked over at my son. He was only 5 at the time and at the end of the game he was trying to hide his tears from his drunk uncle. Just sobbing on the couch. I was both sad for him and proud of him. He understood the importance of that game unlike his idiot uncle who was yelling about the "defensive guards" getting held. They need to do this for all of us loyal fans. But they really need to do it for the kids like mine who don't even know what success in Chicago looks like. The future is bright. In fact it's so bright, I finally felt after the Rams game that it was time to show him the Superbowl Shuffle on Youtube.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Fuck the packers
jasfirstroundbust

The pack is wounded. Time for the coup de grace...
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears-Packers 'rivalry' has been one-sided — but Sunday's game can shift that
Not only do the Bears have a chance to clinch the NFC North with a victory this weekend, they have a chance to revive their onetime rivalry with the Packers.

Revive?

What’s to revive? They play each other twice a season, you say. These two teams have played each other since 1921. It’s a historic grudge match. The fans despise each other. The teams go along with it.

Well, a rivalry requires genuine give and take. For the last decade, the Packers have given the Bears a pounding and the Bears have only taken it.

A bug doesn’t have a rivalry with your shoe. Resentment, anger and dread, probably. But rivalry? No. No matter how much history they share and tough talk about upholding some glorious tradition, the ending is usually the same.

They have met 20 times going back to 2009, and the Bears are 3-17. Their last victory over the Packers was Thanksgiving 2015.

Bears rookie guard James Daniels turned 13 just two weeks before the Packers’ last loss at Soldier Field in 2010.

Maybe the Packers consider that a rivalry. To the victor goes the thesaurus.

For the Bears, though, it’s more like a pre-existing condition.

That can change Sunday.

some of the most horrid losses have been against the Packers ... like the night Butkus and Sayers had their jerseys retired in a rainstorm at halftime, that Bears team honored them by letting the Packers destroy them

we'll hear again on Sunday about this historic rivalry ... but as the writer of this article noted, it hasn't been a rivalry in some time

and now that simply must change
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

While a W Sunday will be great, it will not undo the past 20 yrs, the past 10 more specifically. It has been a cyclical thing. Pack owned the 60s. Pretty even in the 70s. Bears took control in the 80s. Pack in the 90s and most of the past 18 yrs. Time for this shit to take a turn the Bears way.

I don't necessarily hate Packer fans. I know some very well who don't bother me. It is my fuckin in-laws and their damn kids that piss me off to no end. There is hate there.
Umbali
MVP

The way that the Bears lost to them in week 1 , makes me believe they are going to be ready to beat the hell out of them. I will be watching this alone in my living room. I will have noone to cuss and mock when we win, except the ghosts of all those losses. I want to see an annihilation
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote:The way that the Bears lost to them in week 1 , makes me believe they are going to be ready to beat the hell out of them. I will be watching this alone in my living room. I will have noone to cuss and mock when we win, except the ghosts of all those losses. I want to see an annihilation
Not me. I'll have Packer fan son in the room.

It's interesting as he feels very satisfied to come over, since he has no expectations of winning. Thus, if he loses, no biggie. If he wins, then no telling how long he can give me grief over it.

My attitude is different. I DO have expectations, not for anihilation... just to win. I will be quite disappointed in a loss this Sunday as I see an ascending Bears team and a Packer group trending downward with a HOF QB who is soon to age out. I'm looking toward 12/16/18 being the beginning of a new trend, where we are winning most of the games and my son... who is generally OK, but can have that air of smugness to him... going home unhappy. I really need Mitch to rebound this week!
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Haven't posted this for young parents in a while...

Parents,

Teaching your youngster to hate the Packers is absolutely critical. We certainly don’t need any more cheeseheads around here, especially not in our homes. So as a public service, I feel compelled to provide these simple, yet vitally important steps to ensure that your children will be raised with proper NFL allegiance. This is best done when your child is between 12 and 18 months old:

Step 1. The day before a big Bears-Packers tilt, feed your child lots of squash and peas. Creamed corn works well, too.
Step 2. Before the game, color the outside of a clean diaper with a dark blue marker. Adding a big orange C in the front is important. If the game is at Lambeau, leave the diaper mostly white. If it’s a Bears home game, make it mostly blue.
Step 3. For lunch before kickoff, supplement their peas and squash diet with as much prune juice as they’ll drink, the more the better. Continue the prune juice during the game as well.
Step 4. Sometime during the game, your child will certainly load his or her diaper with a mucky mess. Let them squish around in it for a while until they begin to get uncomfortable.
Step 5. When it’s time to change them, lay them down facing the TV (which is tuned to the game, of course). Open up the diaper and let the child observe the putrid yellow and green contents. Now alternate between pointing to the stinky stuff and various Packer players on the TV, commenting with “EWWWW!” or “YUCK!” and making faces as appropriate. Do this for as long as necessary, to drive the point home.
Step 6. Now clean them up and put the Bear colored diaper on them. Smile and make soothing sounds to the child as you alternatively point to the new blue and orange diaper and to Bear players. Clapping with the child as you do this is also helpful. Repeat this for several minutes, creating a heightened sense of comfort, happiness and security for the child.

That’s it! It’s just that easy!

Remember parents, ensuring that your children will root for the right team should not be left to chance. It's your responsibility! I urge you to take that responsibility very seriously.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mikefive
Public servant
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

GSH
MVP

packers o-line is banged up and they are without some decent players who were there in week 1, such as HaHa.

they have that new RB they like, but we shut down todd gurley pretty effectively.

The packers are yet to win a road game this year right? i dont see them coming into soldier field, with the division title at stake and getting their first road win there. You thought the crowd was loud against the Rams? this is going to be wild.
MoFugger
Head Coach

GSH wrote:packers o-line is banged up and they are without some decent players who were there in week 1, such as HaHa.

they have that new RB they like, but we shut down todd gurley pretty effectively.

The packers are yet to win a road game this year right? i dont see them coming into soldier field, with the division title at stake and getting their first road win there. You thought the crowd was loud against the Rams? this is going to be wild.
After what we did to girly, I'm not too worried about Adam Jones.
That being said, the key to beating the Packers is not stopping their running game.
Still, I feel good about this one. And not in my typical homer meatball way. We are going to have to score some points though.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote:
GSH wrote:packers o-line is banged up and they are without some decent players who were there in week 1, such as HaHa.

After what we did to girly, I'm not too worried about Adam Jones.
That being said, the key to beating the Packers is not stopping their running game.
Still, I feel good about this one. And not in my typical homer meatball way. We are going to have to score some points though.
I kinda disagree. We need to stop Jones first and make them throw, so that our pass rush can pin their ears back. They have Adams and nothing else as targets for Rodgers. And our CBs can match up reasonably well with him. If some guys named Valdes-Scantling and St. Brown beat us, then good on them. But my money's on our defensive backfield.

docc
Head Coach

Green=rotting cheese..The yellow is Urine..

My kids won't wear ANYTHING green or yellow..
Me too..
Not a shirt..not a tie..or even socks..

Maybe boxers..cause they deserve the skid marks..
GSH
MVP

hahah!! YES docc!
KOP_Snake
Head Coach

Rodgers is at the age that Favre was when he got a new coach and the Bears started turning it around on him and beating him regularly until he left Green Bay (And then beat him a few more times when he went to Minnesota, where they then put the final beating of his career on him. Well done Corey Wooton!).

I'm hoping history repeats itself over the next several seasons. But I don't think we can really count on it. Even when the Bears were evenly matched against them in 2010-2013 they still couldn't overcome it, and the ref ALWAYS had the Puker's backs (must've been 3 offensive PI calls against Jeffery in one game).
G08
Hall of Famer

This could be a Changing of the Guard type of game for Chicago if we put it on Rodgers and the Packers. We likely will have to overcome some BS calls that always seem to go the Packers way. Best thing we can do is completely shut down their run game and hit him relentlessly. I don't think he'll fold but if we can disrupt him and his timing enough he'll likely throw a tantrum and get thrown off his game.

Truthfully, all I care about is making the playoffs, but I won't lie my inner meatball REALLY wants to win the NFC North by beating the fucking shit out of Rodgers and those cock sucking Packers.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

To me this was the Steve Young monkey off the back game for the bears in general. Rodgers has haunted us for years now. To finally beat him at home and clinch division will go far for the teams mentality IMO
G08
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote:To me this was the Steve Young monkey off the back game for the bears in general. Rodgers has haunted us for years now. To finally beat him at home and clinch division will go far for the teams mentality IMO
Absolutely. Felt like a changing of the guard, honestly. The old Bears would have shit this game down their collective leg, these new Bears are different -- better.
docc
Head Coach

THE WORM HAS TURNED...