rumours:

HC positions
mccarthy to browns

josh mcdaniels will be going to the packers

jets fire bowles

bucs fire koetter
wab
Mod

McDaniels and Rodgers are NOT gonna get along.
IotaNet
MVP

wab wrote:McDaniels and Rodgers are NOT gonna get along.
Wow that would be like Gasoline and a Blowtorch!
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Who's out there that's an exciting option? Arians said he'd listen to the Bucs job (because he's friends with GM Licht) and he said previously he'd take the Browns job. I'd get behind Arians. I do sort of wish the Browns somehow could get one more season to evaluate Williams/Kitchens.

Eric Bieniemy is getting thrown around but his resume sort of screams out to me that he needs another season or two as OC before I'd be cool handing him the reigns.

I'll never get over Josh McDaniel's personality deficiencies. I feel like there's a bit of a drain on hot young offensive minded coaching candidates right now. If the Bears sustain success for a few seasons, how long before Helfrich's name starts getting thrown around?
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

What constitutes young anymore? Joshy Boy is 42, I really don't see that as young. McVay is young.

Helfrich. What does he really do? He may help draw some shit up but Nagy calls the plays. I think it will take awhile for his name to get out there for an NFL job. Possible he goes back to college?
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:What constitutes young anymore? Joshy Boy is 42, I really don't see that as young. McVay is young.

Helfrich. What does he really do? He may help draw some shit up but Nagy calls the plays. I think it will take awhile for his name to get out there for an NFL job. Possible he goes back to college?
By young I meant more in the sense of the NFL coaching carousel.

As for Helfrich, you could say the same thing about Bieniemy not doing much while Andy called plays. And you could say that for Nagy last year, and Pederson the year before that. :) Pederson won a superbowl and Reich/Defillipo were hot commodities. You'd have to think, at some point with Helfrich's previous resume that someone's going to want him (IF this offense doesnt regress).
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I am not seeing the Bienemy love. Just read where the Broncs and Phins want to interview Fangio. Just cannot see Fangio and Elway hitting it off.
wab
Mod

Otis Day wrote:I am not seeing the Bienemy love. Just read where the Broncs and Phins want to interview Fangio. Just cannot see Fangio and Elway hitting it off.
I literally just read an article where Elway wants the Broncos to emulate the more innovative offenses in the NFL (Rams, Bears, Eagles, Chiefs). Fangio doesn't fit that so much.

The Phins are a mess much like the Bears were when Trestman left. I could see them wanting a stabilizing presence, but someone with experience. Someone like McCarthy makes sense there.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

wab wrote:
Otis Day wrote:I am not seeing the Bienemy love. Just read where the Broncs and Phins want to interview Fangio. Just cannot see Fangio and Elway hitting it off.
I literally just read an article where Elway wants the Broncos to emulate the more innovative offenses in the NFL (Rams, Bears, Eagles, Chiefs). Fangio doesn't fit that so much.

The Phins are a mess much like the Bears were when Trestman left. I could see them wanting a stabilizing presence, but someone with experience. Someone like McCarthy makes sense there.
What if Fangio goes in and says hey, I got this guy Helfrich to bring with me? Just saying.

And I don't think Helfrich is the offense, but I do think he does what Nagy needs him to do.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Just my opinion, but not sure a guy like Fangio would hitch his wagon to an OC who has not done it at this level. I could be wrong, but also think Fangio has little contact with Helfrich at the moment.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

If Fangio could get Gase in his hip pocket, that would be something teams could get behind.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

IotaNet wrote:

and as Bears fans, it would be entertaining to watch

I so want the Packers to screw the pooch on whatever move they make so that we are rewarded with a decades long demonstration of futility that mirrors the Bears Wannstedt years
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:
IotaNet wrote:

and as Bears fans, it would be entertaining to watch

I so want the Packers to screw the pooch on whatever move they make so that we are rewarded with a decades long demonstration of futility that mirrors the Bears Wannstedt years