Raiders want analyst Mayock as GM.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25653194/oakland-raiders-hiring-draft-analyst-mike-mayock-general-manager

He certainly knows how to talk about prospects. Can he draft? Will he or Gruden have last call? Who knows? This week in Raider news.
wab
Mod

I've long thought that Mayock would be a good GM. He has a hell of an eye for talent, but I think his biggest question mark was how well he can handle the rest of the job.

I think pairing him with Gruden is a good match. I don't know if it makes the Raiders better, but it's a good match.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I've long thought that Mayock would be a good GM. He has a hell of an eye for talent, but I think his biggest question mark was how well he can handle the rest of the job.

I think pairing him with Gruden is a good match. I don't know if it makes the Raiders better, but it's a good match.
I think the number one qualification for a Raiders GM is someone who can speak truth to power. I heard an interview on the SCORE that said that they thought Mayock was that guy. Someone who could tell Gruden he was wrong. If that's the case, then it IS a good fit.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25653194/oakland-raiders-hiring-draft-analyst-mike-mayock-general-manager

He certainly knows how to talk about prospects. Can he draft? Will he or Gruden have last call? Who knows? This week in Raider news.
Why? Have the Raiders made any bad trades recently? Tee hee hee.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Also in Raiders news (not really worthy of it's own thread):
La Canfora predicts that the Giants will be the trade partner that pries Carr away from Oak Vegas.
I also believe that the Jags and redskins could be interested in him, and there's always a chance one of the older QB's retire so Pitt, NE, LAC, and GB are low percentage possibilities. (NO has Bridgewater if Brees hangs it up).
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

I think the Jags are going to go hard after either Carr or Stafford (assuming the trade rumors are true). They need a trusted veteran to reign that team in.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25653194/oakland-raiders-hiring-draft-analyst-mike-mayock-general-manager

Why? Have the Raiders made any bad trades recently? Tee hee hee.

:toast:

Mayock is the guy I trust the most with pre-draft analysis, so I'll be sorry to no longer have that as a fan if he does move into a GM position ... but I think he will make a fine GM so good luck to him
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin