Wilks - Cardinals

Yikes!
UOK
Site Admin

Jesus, what a day.

I'm surprised about Gase.
wab
Mod

Gase and Koetter surprise me. Wilks gets bounced after one season... man.

Lewis fired about 6 years too late.
wab
Mod

Side note...

How cool is it to not be looking at draft boards, coaching options, potential free agents, and who the Bears should cut today.

Instead we Bears fans are looking forward to another week of football.
IotaNet
MVP

wab wrote:Side note...

How cool is it to not be looking at draft boards, coaching options, potential free agents, and who the Bears should cut today.

Instead we Bears fans are looking forward to another week of football.
How about it?????

I don't know how to behave today -- I'm usually knee-deep in the Coaching Carousel intrigue.

Nice to be still thinking about game-plans and matchups heading into the new year!
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

It’s nice to look at the coaching staff and know you have one of the best on the league. We could never say that with Trestman or Fox. If this is just a sample of what’s to come. This staff is going to be here for awhile. Which is a strange yet refreshing feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Surprised about Wilks, the guy didn't really get a chance.

Gase not surprised especially after yesterday. Hearing Miami talking heads talk about the players going thru the motions yesterday. I think he is an OC, not a head coach.

Impatience rules the day anymore (outside of Lewis of course). I think owners see these worst to first scenarios (McVay, Nagy) and they go after it. They don't seem to realize you need talent as well.
wab
Mod

I think you are right about Gase. He just doesn't have the temperament to be a head coach. His overall annoyance with the the major parts of the job have been his downfall. He just wants to scheme and draw up gameplans and not deal with players or media or questions.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I think you are right about Gase. He just doesn't have the temperament to be a head coach. His overall annoyance with the the major parts of the job have been his downfall. He just wants to scheme and draw up gameplans and not deal with players or media or questions.
Gase sort of reminds me of a Josh McDaniels. Coordinators that are good at being coordinators, but really have no business being a HC.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Atlanta just fired all of their coordinators.
UOK
Site Admin

So what do I hear? I heard a surprising number of veterans, including SURPRISING ones like Frank Gore, Kenny Stills, and especially Cameron Wake, all rose up and disavowed Gase privately. Wake and Stills directly to Steve Ross. Kenyan Drake wanted a trade if Gase remained.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MoFugger
Head Coach

I am so happy we dodged the Gace bullet. it was worth the extra year of Fox just to be where we are now, and not where Miami is. He will wind up as someone's wide receivers coach, and that's exactly where he belongs.
wab
Mod

UOK wrote:So what do I hear? I heard a surprising number of veterans, including SURPRISING ones like Frank Gore, Kenny Stills, and especially Cameron Wake, all rose up and disavowed Gase privately. Wake and Stills directly to Steve Ross. Kenyan Drake wanted a trade if Gase remained.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He lost that locker room a year ago when he brought in Cutler instead of letting Matt Moore play after Tannehill went down.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Gase road Peyton's coat tails in Denver, what he really did in Chicago was questionable What, Jay had a decent year? Just never got the love there. Watching some of his press conferences, guy just didn't have it.
IotaNet
MVP

Otis Day wrote: ... what he really did in Chicago was questionable What, Jay had a decent year? Just never got the love there ...
Glad to see someone say this. I never understood exactly what Gase "did" with Cutler that was so magnificent. Jay threw lots of short/quick passes to big receivers. IIRC, they were still 6-10.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
MoFugger
Head Coach

IotaNet wrote:
Otis Day wrote: ... what he really did in Chicago was questionable What, Jay had a decent year? Just never got the love there ...
Glad to see someone say this. I never understood exactly what Gase "did" with Cutler that was so magnificent. Jay threw lots of short/quick passes to big receivers. IIRC, they were still 6-10.
To be fair, 6-10 was kind of refreshing back then.
GSH
MVP

talking of denver, broncos have been granted permission to interview vic fangio.

nooooooo :angry:
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

GSH wrote:talking of denver, broncos have been granted permission to interview vic fangio.

Yeah. Actually I heard both Miami and Denver want to interview him. If by some miracle the Bears win the SB this year, I could see where he would leave. But short of that, I think Vic is here next year.

Truthfully, Pace needs to hand Fangio a blank contract and tell him to fill in the amount.

I actually don’t think he would make a very good HC. Too damn honest. Vic is a coordinator to the bone.

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
GSH wrote:talking of denver, broncos have been granted permission to interview vic fangio.

Yeah. Actually I heard both Miami and Denver want to interview him. If by some miracle the Bears win the SB this year, I could see where he would leave. But short of that, I think Vic is here next year.

Truthfully, Pace needs to hand Fangio a blank contract and tell him to fill in the amount.

I actually don’t think he would make a very good HC. Too damn honest. Vic is a coordinator to the bone.

Absolutely. Just offer to make Fangio the highest paid coordinator in the history of the game on either side of the ball. It has to be easier work and especially when its relative to the money. If he wants an HC job I honestly hope he gets it. He's earned the right to get what he wants. If he leaves start calling Mike Nolan or I'm sure Fangio has a second in command he'd recommend (which I'd prefer).
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:

Absolutely. Just offer to make Fangio the highest paid coordinator in the history of the game on either side of the ball. It has to be easier work and especially when its relative to the money. If he wants an HC job I honestly hope he gets it. He's earned the right to get what he wants. If he leaves start calling Mike Nolan or I'm sure Fangio has a second in command he'd recommend (which I'd prefer).
It's clear that this relationship, in its current form, is working. Nagy is concentrating on the offense and Mitch, and has left the entire defensive side of the ball to Vic. Nagy would need to bring in someone with that kind of experience running a defense. Give them the reigns, and trust that they will be able to manage that side without a lot of direction.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Atlanta just fired all of their coordinators.
I could see Gase end up in Atlanta as an OC to be honest.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!