Who wins?

Chargers
30%
Ravens
70%

Total votes: 10
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Baltimore had no problems with the Chargers in San Diego a few weeks back, and Rivers had his worst day of the season against their defense. I am kind of expecting a repeat.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

I'd like to pick the Chargers, but I just think Lamar Jackson and his running will be too much for that defense to handle. The Ravens most definitely won't be beating them through the air.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Picking the Chargers only because I would like to see Rivers have some post season success. I like Harbaugh, I love the Ratbirds D, I love teams that run the ball, but cannot stand teams that rely on the QB to rush the ball as much as Jackson does. I have nothing against Jackson, but his shit is college football. I would like to see the Chargers stop him cold and make him throw the damn ball.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Think this game comes down to a coin flip in overtime. taking the Ravens
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

If the Chargers make Jackson throw to win, it won't even be a close game.
MoFugger
Head Coach

I think I would like to see Rivers and Luck battle it out for the AFC championship.
So I'm taking the Chargers 13 - 9
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Rivers seems to be mediocre in the playoffs, the few chances that he has had. I think the Ravens offense, in combination with their outstanding defense carries the day. But it won't be high scoring.

Ravens 17
Chargers 10
MoFugger
Head Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:Rivers seems to be mediocre in the playoffs, the few chances that he has had. I think the Ravens offense, in combination with their outstanding defense carries the day. But it won't be high scoring.

Ravens 17
Chargers 10
Peyton and Eli we're known o be mediocre in the playoffs, and each has two rings.
If the Ravens win today, it won't be because of Philip Rivers
The chargers defense has one job.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Lamar Jackson is a hell of a running back. Pretty iffy thrower though.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Jury is not even in the building yet when it comes to Jackson as a QB.
BR0D1E86
MVP

Otis Day wrote:Jury is not even in the building yet when it comes to Jackson as a QB.
I’m not saying he’ll never be a good thrower, but I figured coming into the draft he was a two year project. I still think he is. Unless he gets killed first from running so much.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote:Jury is not even in the building yet when it comes to Jackson as a QB.
It was a fun little story up until today.

How absolutely piss-poor was the AFC wildcard series this year?
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Jackson is exactly what an NFL offense looks like when a WR with somewhat of an arm is charged with Playing QB.

He is an athlete, that's it. He ran around and played QB on his athleticism 100% in college and highschool which will not work in the NFL. People talk about Trubisky being a one read and run QB, well Jackson makes one read every 5 plays and runs the rest of the time.

He has negative passing yardage going in the 4th quarter, negative, I repeat that negative. The chargers are not the 85 bears defense.

John Harbaugh is sticking with him so they get blasted and he gets fired. He wants nothing to do with him playing QB and it was forced on him.

I am still fascinated by the number of people that think you can teach QB. You can teach footwork and and fundamentals. You can't teach the entire package and that's what Jackson needs. Jackson has zero footwork, zero accuracy past 8 yards and zero ability to progress through reads and he was a first round draft pick.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

wab wrote:If the Chargers make Jackson throw to win, it won't even be a close game.
And the power of the Leno jersey even effects other games too it seems.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:
wab wrote:If the Chargers make Jackson throw to win, it won't even be a close game.
And the power of the Leno jersey even effects other games too it seems.

:thumbsup:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin