Update: Kareem Hunt signs w/ Browns

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

The Bears absolutely do not HAVE to draft a running back. They have two very talented and very complimentary runners. Would it be nice if they had a guy that was a little more of a better all-around 3 down guy...sure. But the Bears are currently in a position where they might be looking to replace their 3rd back.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:The Bears absolutely do not HAVE to draft a running back. They have two very talented and very complimentary runners. Would it be nice if they had a guy that was a little more of a better all-around 3 down guy...sure. But the Bears are currently in a position where they might be looking to replace their 3rd back.
I think the lack of a running game plus Howard's inability to be a quality 3 down back hampered this offense and Mitch Trubisky. I'm on the other side of the fence, my friend: we absolutely need to upgrade our RB position be it in the draft or FA.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

wab wrote:The Bears absolutely do not HAVE to draft a running back. They have two very talented and very complimentary runners. Would it be nice if they had a guy that was a little more of a better all-around 3 down guy...sure. But the Bears are currently in a position where they might be looking to replace their 3rd back.
I agree 100 percent with this. As the year went on it got better as they changed up the scheme.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

I was hoping for Hunt and dreading the risk simultaneously, so now I can retreat from fantasy land and focus on the team with normal options available.

Any thoughts from you guys on the Bears signing Tye Montgomery or Spencer Ware? Either should be very cap friendly, and both would be an upgrade on Mizzell. TM always seems to play his best ball in Chicago... :wink:
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Spencer Ware maybe, Ty, no way in heck.
wab
Mod

Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
7m7 minutes ago
More
NFL: #Browns RB Kareem Hunt is suspended 8 games for violations to the personal conduct policy.