View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Search for:
 Post subject: Re: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:27 pm 
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:
G08 wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:
Dude is accused of 3 incidents in a 7 month span, that isn't accidental, it's a pattern.

This is what I keep coming back to as well.

I get that he could be a troubled kid.
I get that he could turn things around.

But if you don't learn your lesson at some point, you're just gonna keep making the same mistakes.

Accused is the operative word here for me... zero charges filed against the kid.

Exactly! I think his biggest issue is being young, famous and wants to be out having fun in public places. Sometimes those situations puts people like him in bad situations. With that said, I’m still having doubts he’ll end up in a bears uni.

I go back and forth... I really want him to be on our team but he's got to get clearance, we have to see how long his suspension is, it's going to be poor optics at first, etc. Lot of red tape.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:12 am 
MVP

G08 wrote:
Funkster wrote:
G08 wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:
Dude is accused of 3 incidents in a 7 month span, that isn't accidental, it's a pattern.

But if you don't learn your lesson at some point, you're just gonna keep making the same mistakes.

Accused is the operative word here for me... zero charges filed against the kid.

Exactly! I think his biggest issue is being young, famous and wants to be out having fun in public places. Sometimes those situations puts people like him in bad situations. With that said, I’m still having doubts he’ll end up in a bears uni.

I go back and forth... I really want him to be on our team but he's got to get clearance, we have to see how long his suspension is, it's going to be poor optics at first, etc. Lot of red tape.

My guess is 6 weeks with time served. He definitely fits Nagy’s mold for a back and is the type of back that this offense is missing. I can picture him and wims on the field and the offense going off.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:07 am 
Head Coach

Funkster wrote:
G08 wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:

Exactly! I think his biggest issue is being young, famous and wants to be out having fun in public places. Sometimes that puts people like him in bad situations. I bet after all of this, he’s learned to keep a lower profile. With that said, I’m still having doubts he’ll end up in a bears uni.
The thing is with these guys who have gotten away with all kinds of stuff because they were great athletes... They have a tendancy to fall back into that. All their life changing stuff (college success, awards, drafted into NFL, NFL all star) happens because of what THEY accomplish. And they're like... I've done all this, now I want to go out and have fun too! I think putting limits on that for guys who came from bad situations is not easy for them to do. I hope he can manage it. But I'm just not at all sure. Having a lot of good guys around him should help. You just never know though.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:58 pm 
Hall of Famer

Mikefive wrote:
Funkster wrote:
G08 wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:

Exactly! I think his biggest issue is being young, famous and wants to be out having fun in public places. Sometimes that puts people like him in bad situations. I bet after all of this, he’s learned to keep a lower profile. With that said, I’m still having doubts he’ll end up in a bears uni.
The thing is with these guys who have gotten away with all kinds of stuff because they were great athletes... They have a tendancy to fall back into that. All their life changing stuff (college success, awards, drafted into NFL, NFL all star) happens because of what THEY accomplish. And they're like... I've done all this, now I want to go out and have fun too! I think putting limits on that for guys who came from bad situations is not easy for them to do. I hope he can manage it. But I'm just not at all sure. Having a lot of good guys around him should help. You just never know though.

I don't think he's some POS punk kid, though. At least not from what I've gathered and heard from people who know him/played with him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:59 am 
MVP

I really want to believe he could be a good guy, not only due to his talent but in just wanting to believe one could dig out of his family history and environment to be a great success story.

Having a father, brother, 2 uncles and 4-6 cousins (depending on the article) either in prison or having had served long felony terms for drugs, robbery, aggravated assault, domestic assault and manslaughter gives one pause with these incidents and being suspended in college.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:02 pm 
MVP

Kareem Hunt was just signed by the browns.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

Breaking now - Hunt signs w/ Cleveland Browns.

@RapSheet
now
The #Browns signed RB Kareem Hunt to a 1-year deal that could be worth more than $1M not factoring in the suspension, source said. More than the minimum. After this year, he’ll be an RFA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:18 pm 
Mod

Interesting. They already have Duke Johnson and Nick Chubb.

(Coincidentally Johnson would be a fantastic fit in this offense.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:58 pm 
Hall of Famer

Ah fuck. Well I know what I'm digging into for the draft!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:00 pm 
MVP

I know a lot of people were opposed with him coming to the Bears but I feel he would have been the sure piece needed to take this offense to the next level. I also thought there was enough personal relationships in Halas hall to persuade him. I guess Dorsey had a better recruitment spiel. Ohh well, on to the next one!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next