View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Search for:
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:53 pm 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:33 pm
Posts: 2303
Location: Dry Heat
..and Kareem..grow the fuck up.

Your situation in life can be one any person your age would certainly like to have..

Don't throw this away..
As we used to say in Music Biz..
Money hates you..and your "friends" are there so long as the money's there..

The Magic Penis
Usually just got a lot of $$

_________________
What I do when not on here..
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1314306&content=music


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 am 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm
Posts: 995
southdakbearfan wrote:
I want to think that the kid is good hearted and would be able to turn it around but man there is a lot of smoke around him with numerous incidents. I know most are alleged but people who are generally good don't get in multiple alleged incidents and there is also talk that if any of the other incidents turn out to be true it is going to be more than 6 games, possibly a season.

Dude is accused of 3 incidents in a 7 month span, that isn't accidental, it's a pattern.

It's pretty simple to not get in trouble:

- don't start fights
- don't party with assholes that start or like to fight
- don't jump into a fight you didn't start
- don't hit women, period, unless they are coming after you with a weapon of some sort
- don't do drugs
- if you do get in a fight partying, don't go do it over again and again


Yes and no. I had a guy in college that trouble just followed. He was just someone that never backed down, and could back up anything he said. He got hit in the head with a baseball bat as we were all heading into a bar one night. If we hadn't kinda held him back (we were hanging on but the guy could've walked through us if he completely lost it), he probably could have killed the punks that platooned him.

Some people that have had to fight and claw their way just to survive, let alone succeed, don't react rationally when confronted. Hunt definitely was in the wrong for his actions/reactions, but I hold a different candle to putting down an aggressive female in his face vs. battering an emotionally weak and frail girl behind closed doors. (which is the core of domestic violence IMO).

And like I said in a previous post somewhere...if the guy can show he can control himself and stay away from booze/drugs (which is what tends to be involved when players get into trouble), then I have no problem giving him another chance.

_________________
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:47 am 
Offline
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm
Posts: 18995
G08 wrote:
AZ_Bearfan wrote:
The core of leadership in this current locker room is pretty amazeballs. He really couldn't find a better fit..... plus, we're really good at football. That's gotta count for something in his mind.


I honestly don't give a shit what we do the rest of this off-season / the draft if we bring in Kareem Hunt.

I'll be bold enough to say he's the missing piece on our offense and will make us exponentially better the second he touches the field.

Which probably won't be until November.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:57 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14312
Location: World Championsville
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
AZ_Bearfan wrote:
The core of leadership in this current locker room is pretty amazeballs. He really couldn't find a better fit..... plus, we're really good at football. That's gotta count for something in his mind.


I honestly don't give a shit what we do the rest of this off-season / the draft if we bring in Kareem Hunt.

I'll be bold enough to say he's the missing piece on our offense and will make us exponentially better the second he touches the field.

Which probably won't be until November.


Fine with me, man. This is a nod to 2020 and beyond more than 2019. Anything we get out of him next season is a bonus.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:31 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:51 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Chicago, IL
southdakbearfan wrote:
Dude is accused of 3 incidents in a 7 month span, that isn't accidental, it's a pattern.

This is what I keep coming back to as well.

I get that he could be a troubled kid.
I get that he could turn things around.

But if you don't learn your lesson at some point, you're just gonna keep making the same mistakes.

_________________
KFFL refugee.

This space for rent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:08 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 14312
Location: World Championsville
thunderspirit wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:
Dude is accused of 3 incidents in a 7 month span, that isn't accidental, it's a pattern.

This is what I keep coming back to as well.

I get that he could be a troubled kid.
I get that he could turn things around.

But if you don't learn your lesson at some point, you're just gonna keep making the same mistakes.


Accused is the operative word here for me... zero charges filed against the kid.

_________________
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:39 pm 
Offline
MVP

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 am
Posts: 1148
I’m conflicted on it. The only one of his incidents I know anything about is the one with the video. He shouldn’t have reacted how he did, but the female half was hardly innocent either. All those incidents so close together paint the picture of a guy with some sort of substance (probably alcohol) abuse issue going on.

If he’s legitimately taken care of it, I’m not going to freak out if they sign him. I also won’t lose any sleep if they don’t want the headache.

It sucks that it will be at the expense of Jordan Howard, who by all accounts is a hell of a good guy. But that’s pretty much a done deal anyway in my mind, so it doesn’t really play into the decision making for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:15 pm 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm
Posts: 2752
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
The way I would approach this guy is to point out what has happened to him and tell him loud and clear that if he doesn't change his LIFESTYLE right NOW, he's going to end up being one of those guys who could've been great and made millions, but didn't. He needs to change his definition of what BEING A MAN is. Being a man isn't punching someone out or making them pay for an insult. Any stupid fool can do that. Being a man means going to work every day and being big enough to walk away from anything stupid. ANYTHING. Also, avoid public clubs and partying with people he can't trust 100%.

_________________
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:34 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 795
Mikefive wrote:
The way I would approach this guy is to point out what has happened to him and tell him loud and clear that if he doesn't change his LIFESTYLE right NOW, he's going to end up being one of those guys who could've been great and made millions, but didn't. He needs to change his definition of what BEING A MAN is. Being a man isn't punching someone out or making them pay for an insult. Any stupid fool can do that. Being a man means going to work every day and being big enough to walk away from anything stupid. ANYTHING. Also, avoid public clubs and partying with people he can't trust 100%.


Honestly, if the Bears sign him, they'll have all of the leverage in the event he messes up. There would be a zero tolerance policy - no contract guarantees. If he doesn't agree to that, then he can sign somewhere else. There are plenty of RB's in the draft that we can get in R3 or later. If he agrees to a low risk, high reward contract - then I'd be all for taking a chance on him because of his talent level and his fit in Nagy's scheme.

_________________
Never Die Easy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Kareem Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:07 pm 
Offline
MVP
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:35 pm
Posts: 1738
G08 wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:
Dude is accused of 3 incidents in a 7 month span, that isn't accidental, it's a pattern.

This is what I keep coming back to as well.

I get that he could be a troubled kid.
I get that he could turn things around.

But if you don't learn your lesson at some point, you're just gonna keep making the same mistakes.


Accused is the operative word here for me... zero charges filed against the kid.



Exactly! I think his biggest issue is being young, famous and wants to be out having fun in public places. Sometimes that puts people like him in bad situations. I bet after all of this, he’s learned to keep a lower profile. With that said, I’m still having doubts he’ll end up in a bears uni.

_________________
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve


Last edited by Funkster on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group