Pass Interference may now be reviewed

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... edfadf5618" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The officiating debacle acknowledged by the NFL at the end of Sunday’s NFC title game in New Orleans, which prompted widespread criticism from fans, players and coaches over what many deemed an outcome-changing call, could lead to a significant rule change. The league and its rule-making competition committee plan to give consideration this offseason to making pass interference calls subject to instant replay review.

“It will be discussed at length along with additional fouls that coaches feel should be subject to review,” one person familiar with the league’s inner workings said Monday, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing public furor over the botched call in New Orleans.

A high-ranking official with one NFL team confirmed that making pass interference reviewable will be considered, adding: “And there will be discussion on [replay] review of calls and non-calls.”
wab
Mod

I think it should be, but it should be an official review...not something that can be challenged.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

wab wrote:I think it should be, but it should be an official review...not something that can be challenged.
Yep, I think anything egregious that was missed should be able to have the review officials look at it. Complete bullshit that games get switched on their head due to something like this.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I think it should be, but it should be an official review...not something that can be challenged.
Yes, but it should be buzzed in from New York, where they say, we want to take a look at that last play, and make a decision in like 30 seconds. It has to be egregious, and the pendulum has to go both ways. Reversing poor DPI or OPI calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

If the media starts tracking how position refs call games and announcers called out any ref by name who misses egregious calls, the NFL would be forced to get quality refs and not have that group be the good ol' boys club. (ie: 'Joe Schmo' on Tony Carrenti's crew, the side judge, tends to let players hand fight a little, so we generally expect a few good battles down the sideline, But he finally let the yellow fly on that play...or wow that was clear interference from the corner that 'Joe Schmo' should have called it!)
I thought the whole new direct line to NY would fix any of these stupidly egregious calls being missed.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

Games are all scripted anyway. The NFL Deep State already has Trevor Lawrence written in as the Super Bowl MVP in 2021 after they rig the 2020 draft so that he can replace Tom Brady in New England.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

:rofl:
Funkster
MVP

I don’t see why it’s not already reviewable or challengeable. No other penalty carries the weight of PI. PI can literally change the outcome of a game. Making it challengeable doesn’t mean they have to change the challenge system. With todays technology why not get it right when it’s possible?
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
UOK
Site Admin

For one year only, expands the reviewable plays in Instant Replay to include pass interference, called or not called on the field. Also expands automatic replay reviews to include scoring plays and turnovers negated by a foul, and any Try attempt (extra point or two-point conversion).

https://nflcommunications.com/Documents ... hanges.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Yes, but it should be buzzed in from New York, where they say, we want to take a look at that last play, and make a decision in like 30 seconds. It has to be egregious, and the pendulum has to go both ways. Reversing poor DPI or OPI calls.
I don't want it buzzed in from New York because Al Riveron is a blind blubbering assclown buffoon

I want booth officials at every game watching as big brother in real time while at the game they are responsible for
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
BR0D1E86
MVP

I’d also prefer just an eye in the sky ref in the booth or something as well. And I’d like them to announce all replay decisions so there’s no reason for the ref to run over to the side of the field, look on a tablet so we can see whoever is sponsoring tablets, then run back to the middle of the field to announce the decision. I think it would minimize the delays.