Alliance of American Football - season begins Feb 9

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

GSH
MVP

Otis Day wrote:The needs to be some type of development league. Hell the NBA has it. I don't know what these players make, but it doesn't have to be a lot. There just has to be a huge expense with payroll, rent for where they are playing, uniforms, trainers, not something someone can take on by themselves.
from what i read all AAF players had the same contracts if they made a roster, $70k a year in year 1 in the league, $80k year 2, $100k if they were still on a team year 3 in the league. Saw it on twitter, so take that as you will.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

it is now official

AAF suspends operations; Polian 'disappointed'
After eight weeks of games and less than one season into Alliance of American Football's existence, league owner Tom Dundon has decided to suspend all operations, league co-founder Bill Polian confirmed to ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Tuesday.

"I am extremely disappointed to learn Tom Dundon has decided to suspend all football operations of the Alliance of American Football," Polian said in a statement Tuesday. "When Mr. Dundon took over, it was the belief of my co-founder, Charlie Ebersol, and myself that we would finish the season, pay our creditors, and make the necessary adjustments to move forward in a manner that made economic sense for all.

"The momentum generated by our players, coaches and football staff had us well positioned for future success. Regrettably, we will not have that opportunity."
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin