Tyreek Hill being shopped, under investigation

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

I must've missed this...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/15/tyree ... cee-chiefs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By EMILY CARON March 15, 2019
Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill is under investigation for alleged battery in an incident that lists a juvenile as the victim, according to a Overland Park Police report obtained Friday by The Kansas City Star and KCTV5.

Hill's fiancee, Cyrstal Espinal, is listed under "others involved," according to The Star. A source told the publication that the alleged incident was against the couple’s three-year-old son and reportedly resulted in a broken arm.

As of Friday, Hill has not been charged with a crime. The report is dated Thursday but it is not clear when the incident occurred.

The Chiefs confirmed that they are aware of the investigation.

“The club is aware of the investigation involving Tyreek Hill,” the Chiefs said in a statement to The Star. “We’re in the process of gathering information and have been in contact with the league and local authorities."

The Kansas Department of Children and Families told The Star it is investigating the incident.

"I can only confirm we received a report and an investigation is ongoing," said DCF spokesperson Mike Deines.

Hill pleaded guilty in 2015 to domestic assault and battery by strangulation after punching and choking Espinal, who was then eight weeks pregnant with their son, on Dec. 11, 2014. Following his arrest, Hill was dismissed from the Oklahoma State football and track and field teams. He received three years probation after his plea.

As part of his plea agreement for the domestic abuse charge, Hill attended a 52-week batterer intervention course and was supervised for two years.​ Upon completion of his probation requirements, the felony conviction was dismissed in August 2018 and the charge was wiped from his records.

Kansas City took Hill in the fifth round of the 2016 NFL Draft.

The 25-year-old receiver finished the 2018 season with 87 receptions for 1,479 yards and 12 touchdowns as the Chiefs went 12–4 on the season before falling to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game.
And from PFT:
Report: Tyreek Hill’s name came up in trade talks at start of free agency
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 21, 2019, 11:12 AM EDT

Everything is on hold at the moment, as it pertains to Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill.

But there’s a chance his future was going to be different, even before reports of an investigation of allegations of battery of a child.

In a mailbag column at The Athletic, Jay Glazer mentions that he heard “rumblings” that Hill’s name was being mentioned in trade talks earlier this offseason.

Again, the current investigation makes that a moot point for now, but it’s worth filing away for several reasons.

For one, Glazer was ahead of the herd with his “bold prediction” that Giants wideout Odell Beckham could be traded this offseason, a prediction that came in when he was dealt to Cleveland.

But at the time from which those Hill rumblings emanated, the Chiefs were talking to Hill about a contract extension, which would have likely dwarfed any deals at the time. Perhaps if those talks weren’t going well, and the Chiefs weren’t confident about their ability to resign him, they might have taken the temperature of others to see what Hill’s value would be.

The legal system and the NFL’s own investigation is taking center stage now, but it’s worth considering that Hill’s future in Kansas City might not have been as secure as some imagined.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

this is news to me too

there something in the water in KC that makes these guys more susceptible to being stupid?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Boris13c wrote:this is news to me too

there something in the water in KC that makes these guys more susceptible to being stupid?
No...it was that John Dorsey was cool with taking flyers on guys with a checkered past. Eventually that fruit comes to bear.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

It's sad that my first assumption is that Hill is guilty. I'm hoping it was just a case of broken arm plus his history equaled mandatory investigation. I hope the kid's arm heals and it comes out there was nothing found in the investigation.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!