Update: Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown from PIT

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I keep the fucker and tell him no one wants you, you stupid bastard. Then I make him inactive every Sunday.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

AB going all Brandon Marshall after a good long run in Pitt.

Over under on how many teams he is on over the next 4 seasons? I put it at 3, but the 3rd stop will be short and he will be out of the nfl.
UOK
Site Admin

I loathe players who are fussy on where they end up. The Bills don’t deserve this type of prejudice, especially when you’ve escalated the matter in the ungracious way ABhas.
Umbali
MVP

Personally I would love to see the Steelers suck it up and bench him.

He is trying to force a trade ( i think to SF or Oakland )

Is he good? Yes hell yes

does he have a HOF QB throwing to him? Yes....he also had a potential HOF RB helping with him not getting mugged every route.

It would be funny to see him with a shitty QB and a shitty RB and a mediorce line. I am sorry...that would be karma.

If he werent the tard he has shown himself to be I would have loved to see him here. Certainly not now.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
UOK
Site Admin

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
10m

The Antonio Brown saga is finally nearing a close. Sources say the #Steelers are dealing AB to the #Raiders in exchange for a third round pick and a fifth round pick in this 2019 draft. Brown will also get a reworked contract that makes him the NFL’s highest paid WR.

@AdamSchefter
5m

Raiders are adding money to Antonio Brown’s deal: He now will have three years worth $50.125 million - with incentives to go to $54.125 million, per source.

Where there was no guaranteed money there’s now $30.125 million guaranteed, per source.
Funkster
MVP

UOK wrote:I loathe players who are fussy on where they end up. The Bills don’t deserve this type of prejudice, especially when you’ve escalated the matter in the ungracious way ABhas.

I think it’s kinda funny. In a league where teams almost always hold all the power and can move on from players with little penalties and how players always get bad mouthed for holding out or accused of not honoring their contracts. Many said he’s under contract he doesn’t have a choice, news flash he does, he can choose not to show up, essentially becoming a FA. For an elite player to force his value is just awesome and shows his business savvy. Think about it, he wanted a new contract and didn’t want to play for the Steelers or under Big Ben. He got a new contract, 30 million guaranteed (when he had 0) and gets to play with a new team while sticking the Steelers with a 21 million dollar dead cap hit...To quote 2 pac “do your thing boy, I ain’t mad at ya”! AB is laughing his way out of the berg all the way to the bank!
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I am really happy that the people who run the Raiders are not running the Bears.

They traded an elite pass rusher in the prime of his career, with an outstanding attitude, and got, for me anyway, a questionable amount of value back.

They then turn around and trade for a 30 year old WR with a questionable attitude and pay him $50M.

Why wouldn't they have just calmed down in the first place and pay Mack?
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

The raiders are the new Browns now that the browns seem to have at least gotten a little way out of their funk.

I can't believe anyone would give him additional money, let alone guaranteed money. Did they not just watch what AB did to his team that invested in him.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:
UOK wrote:I loathe players who are fussy on where they end up. The Bills don’t deserve this type of prejudice, especially when you’ve escalated the matter in the ungracious way ABhas.

I think it’s kinda funny. In a league where teams almost always hold all the power and can move on from players with little penalties and how players always get bad mouthed for holding out or accused of not honoring their contracts. Many said he’s under contract he doesn’t have a choice, news flash he does, he can choose not to show up, essentially becoming a FA. For an elite player to force his value is just awesome and shows his business savvy. Think about it, he wanted a new contract and didn’t want to play for the Steelers or under Big Ben. He got a new contract, 30 million guaranteed (when he had 0) and gets to play with a new team while sticking the Steelers with a 21 million dollar dead cap hit...To quote 2 pac “do your thing boy, I ain’t mad at ya”! AB is laughing his way out of the berg all the way to the bank!
Hell yeah my brother, preach it.

As always I came here knowing exactly what the response was going to be. Anyone in here, if their coworker stole their stapler they'd go full Office Space on them, but Antonio Brown finally got completely got fed up with the RAPIST who goes on his radio program every week and calls out his teammates with the full blessing of the ownership, who on the record called the players on the team under Ben "CHILDREN"...

It will never cease to amaze me how inherently feudal we are as a society.
Umbali
MVP

This thought doesnt really fit into this thread even tho its tied to it. His status as highest paid will get surpassed quickly by Hill I would guess. At that point with the bar being 20 million per year, and QBs having their high ass cap hits, it sure takes a huge chunk out of the pile for the rest of the players.
That is what is so impressive about the Patriots. They dont do that. They sign em use and let em or trade them and keep making the right choices. Give me a list of high paid players who performed well for other teams when they left the Patriots. There are a few but not many.

I sure hope we can be smart about our developing players and not handicap our team by always signing record deals.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Funkster wrote:

As always I came here knowing exactly what the response was going to be. Anyone in here, if their coworker stole their stapler they'd go full Office Space on them, but Antonio Brown finally got completely got fed up with the RAPIST who goes on his radio program every week and calls out his teammates with the full blessing of the ownership, who on the record called the players on the team under Ben "CHILDREN"...

We will see, he got some more money, but I would be willing to bet he will be chirping about 4-6 weeks into the season about how everyone sucks or he isn't getting the ball enough. Diva Wr's rarely ever work out.
malk
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Funkster wrote:

Seriously, fuck ownership, teams should be owned by players and fans. Bootlicking to support a monopoly that plays upon tribal loyalties to separate fans from their cash would be incredible if we weren't trained from birth for it.

But all that said, given the current system being what it is, I'm thankful the Bears aren't on either side of this!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)