Update: Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown from PIT

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Funkster wrote:
UOK wrote:I loathe players who are fussy on where they end up. The Bills don’t deserve this type of prejudice, especially when you’ve escalated the matter in the ungracious way ABhas.

I think it’s kinda funny. In a league where teams almost always hold all the power and can move on from players with little penalties and how players always get bad mouthed for holding out or accused of not honoring their contracts. Many said he’s under contract he doesn’t have a choice, news flash he does, he can choose not to show up, essentially becoming a FA. For an elite player to force his value is just awesome and shows his business savvy. Think about it, he wanted a new contract and didn’t want to play for the Steelers or under Big Ben. He got a new contract, 30 million guaranteed (when he had 0) and gets to play with a new team while sticking the Steelers with a 21 million dollar dead cap hit...To quote 2 pac “do your thing boy, I ain’t mad at ya”! AB is laughing his way out of the berg all the way to the bank!
Hell yeah my brother, preach it.

As always I came here knowing exactly what the response was going to be. Anyone in here, if their coworker stole their stapler they'd go full Office Space on them, but Antonio Brown finally got completely got fed up with the RAPIST who goes on his radio program every week and calls out his teammates with the full blessing of the ownership, who on the record called the players on the team under Ben "CHILDREN"...

It will never cease to amaze me how inherently feudal we are as a society.
We will see, he got some more money, but I would be willing to bet he will be chirping about 4-6 weeks into the season about how everyone sucks or he isn't getting the ball enough. Diva Wr's rarely ever work out.
malk
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Funkster wrote:
UOK wrote:I loathe players who are fussy on where they end up. The Bills don’t deserve this type of prejudice, especially when you’ve escalated the matter in the ungracious way ABhas.

I think it’s kinda funny. In a league where teams almost always hold all the power and can move on from players with little penalties and how players always get bad mouthed for holding out or accused of not honoring their contracts. Many said he’s under contract he doesn’t have a choice, news flash he does, he can choose not to show up, essentially becoming a FA. For an elite player to force his value is just awesome and shows his business savvy. Think about it, he wanted a new contract and didn’t want to play for the Steelers or under Big Ben. He got a new contract, 30 million guaranteed (when he had 0) and gets to play with a new team while sticking the Steelers with a 21 million dollar dead cap hit...To quote 2 pac “do your thing boy, I ain’t mad at ya”! AB is laughing his way out of the berg all the way to the bank!
Hell yeah my brother, preach it.

As always I came here knowing exactly what the response was going to be. Anyone in here, if their coworker stole their stapler they'd go full Office Space on them, but Antonio Brown finally got completely got fed up with the RAPIST who goes on his radio program every week and calls out his teammates with the full blessing of the ownership, who on the record called the players on the team under Ben "CHILDREN"...

It will never cease to amaze me how inherently feudal we are as a society.
Seriously, fuck ownership, teams should be owned by players and fans. Bootlicking to support a monopoly that plays upon tribal loyalties to separate fans from their cash would be incredible if we weren't trained from birth for it.

But all that said, given the current system being what it is, I'm thankful the Bears aren't on either side of this!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)