Most boring offseason in years?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Good GM, good coach, good developing quarterback, good o-line, great weapons, great defense. I know it’s a good thing, but jeeze the draft can’t come fast enough.
IotaNet
MVP

alexwilkins wrote:Good GM, good coach, good developing quarterback, good o-line, great weapons, great defense. I know it’s a good thing, but jeeze the draft can’t come fast enough.
I’ve commented on this before and like I’ve been saying, I’ll take this kind of boring for a few years.

One point however— part of our boredom is that we don’t have a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. That makes mock drafts impossible to forecast and basically irrelevant.

That said, I’m NOT complaining!
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
G08
Hall of Famer

Extremely boring, normally I'd be balls deep looking at potential first and second round picks but this off-season I've got nuffin.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:Good GM, good coach, good developing quarterback, good o-line, great weapons, great defense. I know it’s a good thing, but jeeze the draft can’t come fast enough.
Yeah this has been a weird offseason. For me it's been more anticipation to get the regular season going because of how last season ended. I figured free agency wouldn't be that exciting which is why I went so nuts when I thought we could get Bell. If we end the draft with a future RB and an OL or two I'll be happy.
UOK
Site Admin

Intensely.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I will gladly accept "comfortably boring" over "WTF are they doing!?!" any day of the week
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

Boris13c wrote:I will gladly accept "comfortably boring" over "WTF are they doing!?!" any day of the week
Absolutely. I feel like this is the 'bye week' of offseasons.
wab
Mod

It certainly is weird. Not even just Bears related, but a weird offseason overall...weird trades, weird players getting weird money, weird draft prospects that don't match the needs of the teams in the top 10....

The whole thing is odd.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

That's what happens when you don't have much salary cap $$$ and no draft picks until day 3. Boring? Sure. Weird? No doubt. Bad? Nope.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

Mikefive wrote:That's what happens when you don't have much salary cap $$$ and no draft picks until day 3. Boring? Sure. Weird? No doubt. Bad? Nope.
Bears still have about $17M in cap space left.
wab
Mod

Mikefive wrote:That's what happens when you are returning 21 of 22 starters on a 12-4 team. Boring? Sure. Weird? No doubt. Bad? Nope.
Fixed it for you.
IotaNet
MVP

UOK wrote: ... I feel like this is the 'bye week' of offseasons.
Dude -

I know you're "taking an indefinite hiatus from the blogging game" but why don't you give us something to read? As well as you write, surely you can come up with something on your blog for us action-starved fans to talk about.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
UOK
Site Admin

IotaNet wrote:
UOK wrote: ... I feel like this is the 'bye week' of offseasons.
Dude -

I know you're "taking an indefinite hiatus from the blogging game" but why don't you give us something to read? As well as you write, surely you can come up with something on your blog for us action-starved fans to talk about.

Haha, I may just forgo hosting a blog and just write stuff and post it on the board here.

If I find some time I'll put something together.
IotaNet
MVP

wab wrote:
Mikefive wrote:That's what happens when you are returning 21 of 22 starters on a 12-4 team. Boring? Sure. Weird? No doubt. Bad? Nope.
Fixed it for you.
This. :clap:

- Colin Powell