Browns : Kareem Hunt redemption tour begins

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Kareem Hunt making Browns gush as redemption tour begins
Kareem Hunt’s redemption tour is quietly underway.

Nearly half a year after a sickening video emerged showcasing Hunt pushing and kicking a woman in a Cleveland hotel, the newly minted Browns running back is visiting local high school students with a striking message.

“‘Don’t make the same mistake I made,'” Browns general manager John Dorsey recently said of his star’s advice to young scholars. “I like the way he’s attacking this thing day in and day out. I applaud him for what he’s doing on the field and how hard he’s working. But what people don’t realize is once he’s off the field, he’s doing things unannounced.”

Hunt, who was suspended by the NFL eight games this coming season, has remained out of the public eye since the alarming footage from the February 2018 incident hit the internet amid the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl push.

The Chiefs quickly cut ties with Hunt, who later admitted to lying to the team over the assault, while the league investigated the matter before handing down its punishment to the one-time Pro Bowler in March. No criminal charges were filed against Hunt.

“We all know he’s remorseful,” Dorsey told Bull and Fox on 92.3 The Fan in late April, via the News-Herald. “We’ve said this all along: You have to earn the right to be a member of this organization. There are no guarantees.”

Hunt began treatment amid the disturbing matter before signing with the Browns in February.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin