Eagles sign Wentz to $128 million extension

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Wentz: Jumped at $128M deal; 'was a win-win'
Carson Wentz said he believes his $128 million contract extension is a "win-win" for both him and the Philadelphia Eagles.

The four-year extension the team announced Thursday lasts through the 2024 season and includes $107.9 million guaranteed, including $66 million due at signing, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

"It's something both sides wanted to get done. I knew I wanted this to be home for a long time, and ever since being drafted, it's felt like home," the quarterback said at a news conference on Monday. "So as soon as we found something that was a win-win, a really fair opportunity, I jumped at it, just because I love this place and I want to be here for a while, so I felt it was a good time."

Wentz's extension came after the Seattle Seahawks gave Russell Wilson a four-year, $140 million extension with $107 million in guarantees in April.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Wentz getting that money despite his injury history just goes to show how much Biscuit is going to get paid in a few years. I think Biscuit will easily be known as the better QB. The Eagles should've just paid Foles and traded Wentz.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Man, the Iggles better Feng Shui the entire building, stop stepping on sidewalk cracks and staple rabbit feet in every locker. It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.