Update: Antonio Brown released again

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I smell a future 30 for 30 coming on this one, when he is flat broke, in jail for destroying property or defrauding someone, and needs to sing an oh woe is me song.
UOK
Site Admin

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Crazy
Xee
Site Admin

UOK wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:03 pm

I think the terms of the contract will tell us if this is the true. If he gets a fat paycheck of guaranteed money, you'll know that a deal had to have been made earlier. If he gets the vet minimum, you'll know the Patriots had all the leverage and just decided to take a gamble on him. Given the personality that has come across so far, I don't see him playing for the minimum so I'm inclined to believe this was coordinated as the tweets says.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

I think the terms and conditions will speak more than the money, especially on a one year deal. A contract that can be instantly voided for conduct is what I expect. ESPN said something like 15 million, like 9 million bonus or guaranteed.
wab
Mod

Well he's a Patriot now and will probably cath the game winning TD in the Super Bowl...because Pats
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Antonio Brown will be their modern equivalent to Randy Moss ... as much of a dick as Moss could be, he behaved himself and had success with the Patriots

the Patriots signing Brown to a contract where he can be dropped at any time should send a clear message to him he needs to follow in Moss's footsteps rather than continue to follow his own
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
BR0D1E86
MVP

All I know is I’m excited for the 34th pick in the draft. The Raiders would have to Raider pretty hard to beat the Dolphins for 1 overall.
tjs
Journeyman

and now a sexual assault case. This guy...
UOK
Site Admin

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/spor ... riots.html

According to the lawsuit, Brown sexually assaulted Taylor twice during training sessions in June 2017. First, he exposed himself and kissed her without her permission, the lawsuit says. Later that month, the lawsuit says, while she was watching a television program at his home, Brown started masturbating behind her and ejaculated on her back. Brown bragged about the incident in profane text messages that are copied in the lawsuit.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

The "Patriot" way
wab
Mod

yeesh
UOK
Site Admin

He gone again.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:32 pm The "Patriot" way
It is, you trouble, you gone. They gave it a shot. He is even a bigger tool than people thought.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Welcome to the school of dumbfuckery.
Xee
Site Admin

Just to post the official message:

Crazy how you can go from $29 mill guaranteed to $0 in, what, less than a month? Is he really that well off where this money is not a significant motivator to play by the rules? I mean, even if the teams were the bad guys here, I would guess many of us on the forum take shit from our bosses when a hell a lot less money is at stake. Sometimes you just got to grin and bear it.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

The Madden Curse strikes again
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I'll never understand certain behaviors. I just won't.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I mean c’mon. How stupid do you have to be. Be a decent person and don’t fuck people who say no thanks. Is it really that difficult??
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:52 pm I mean c’mon. How stupid do you have to be. Be a decent person and don’t fuck people who say no thanks. Is it really that difficult??
apparently for many of these pampered privileged pustules it is

the SI article on him does not paint a flattering picture ... this guy is defective on so many levels ... aside from the sexual assaults, he was making millions and still stiffing people on bills for services he ordered and received ... that is world class dirtbag level

some people are just so to the bone stupid, no amount of lessons or teaching can lead them to be any more smart than a rock
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:48 am
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:52 pm I mean c’mon. How stupid do you have to be. Be a decent person and don’t fuck people who say no thanks. Is it really that difficult??
apparently for many of these pampered privileged pustules it is

the SI article on him does not paint a flattering picture ... this guy is defective on so many levels ... aside from the sexual assaults, he was making millions and still stiffing people on bills for services he ordered and received ... that is world class dirtbag level

some people are just so to the bone stupid, no amount of lessons or teaching can lead them to be any more smart than a rock
A guy can play football and he allegedly walks on water according to everyone around him. Another person could be a math or science genius and wind up making a bigger net positive contribution to society and nobody gives a fuck.

It doesn't help that they get their ass perpetually kissed by everybody starting at an early age simply because they can play football. I see it around me at backyard BBQ bullshit where these parents spend untold sums on a kid most likely hoping for a lottery ticket to college. Its nauseating to be around.

The false God complex just grows from there. I would imagine a lot of them come from broken homes too so they don't have the slightest idea on how to treat women (not that this excuses acting this way) or really anybody around them. Add onto it the need for a lot of them to feel gangsta and live the thug life and you get outcomes like this.

You observe how a man treats the women in his life between his mother, wife and any daughters and you can get an excellent measure of him as a man.

In summation, thank God the GM of my team doesn't bring in people like this to the Bears.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Can you imagine being this idiots agent.

Agent: Please lay low, ok no prob. Next day indirectly threaten someone accusing you.

Agent: We will lay low and play this out, someone will sign you, ok no prob. Next day twitter tirade about being done with the nfl.
UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

AB doing some ass kissing since he has heard Brady is pissed with his "lack luster" O.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP