Panthers v. Bucs

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I am watching this Thursday night game.

Every time I see 34 year old Greg Olsen running loose in the secondary, and racking huge chunk plays. I develop an ugly sneer on my face, and curse Mike Martz's name to football gods. Fuck him, and his no TE offense.

UOK
Site Admin

Fuck Jerry Angelo for trading one of his own draft picks which by that time was well established as excellent.
wab
Mod

I watched the game too and found myself sad inside.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Olsen remains a force to be reckoned with for sure ... his departure a sad part of Bears history

an additional item of note in that game was the questionable need to get cute at the goal line ... Panthers had 4th and less than a yard for a first down, a yard for the go ahead (and probable winning) TD ... in years past that would be Cam Newton over the top ... or they could have given it to Christian McCaffrey on a dive blast to gain a foot and a new set of downs if he didn't score ... instead, they run some sort of reverse from the wildcat, with Newton split wide, and lose a foot as McCaffrey was shoved out of bounds

there were a few other games last week with teams doing similar things in short yardage and also not having success (the Bears were among them)

is 2019 becoming the year of the gimmick offense? where gaining a simple yard to win a game or extend your chances ends up being something screwy rather than in your face basic?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Misdirection and confusion is the order of the day for NFL offenses. Defenses have gotten better and offenses have sort of remained stagnant over the last few years. The Panthers could NOT move the ball on the ground. Especially up the middle.

Unfortunately on that play, the left side of the offensive line did a terrible job. The fake wasn't sold at all.
BR0D1E86
MVP

My only takeaway from that game is that somebody needs to get Cam Newton a mirror before post game. And someone to slap him if he doesn’t come to his senses after actually looking at himself.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Cam is not good
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:10 pm Cam is not good
i am incredibly sad about this but he isnt, anymore. i used to love watching him play but it feels really obvious that the hits have caught up with him. that was an honest to god difficult game to watch and i couldnt make it through to the end.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:38 pm My only takeaway from that game is that somebody needs to get Cam Newton a mirror before post game. And someone to slap him if he doesn’t come to his senses after actually looking at himself.
I wonder what has inspired him to look like an eastern European bag lady?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Still better than the bromper he wore at Coachella last year IMO.

BeattieFeathers
Practice Squad

The fact is the Bucs will win the division now