Saquan Barkley cool gesture

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

BR0D1E86
MVP

Kid that got snubbed for an autograph by a Cowboy because he was wearing Giants gear is getting flown to a game by Saquan. Pretty cool.

tjs
Journeyman

what'd DeMarcus say? "wrong jersey, son?" thats a douche move and super classy of Saquan. Love that.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Hot take alert: Demarcus saying "wrong jersey, son" is actually pretty funny because this is all just a silly game of football, and these rivalries are played for as much as they possibly can, and if the kid had gotten the autograph and tore it up or something the entire industry would have eaten it up.
Xee
Site Admin

RustyTrubisky wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:54 am Hot take alert: Demarcus saying "wrong jersey, son" is actually pretty funny because this is all just a silly game of football, and these rivalries are played for as much as they possibly can, and if the kid had gotten the autograph and tore it up or something the entire industry would have eaten it up.

Yeah, was torn on this one. I just imagined little Packer fans giving thumbs down to a Bears player walking by and the Bears player responding by blowing them kisses or something, just to mess with them. I'd like to think it was just friendly ribbing that got blown of the proportion. Getting an autograph is special because you're not guaranteed to get it, as anyone who's tried to get one at training camp knows. I don't think he deserves the criticism just because he had the "audacity" to say no to a kid.
BR0D1E86
MVP

I don’t have any problem with the Cowboys player doing what he did. I just thought what Barkley did was pretty cool.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Look at the kids face afterwards, there's no reason for an adult to crush a little kid like that. He doesn't have to do anything at all and can act however he wants, but my mom raised me different I guess. Barkley gets a thumbs up from this guy.