Steelers : Roethlisberger out for the season

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Ben Roethlisberger out for the season, will have elbow surgery

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... edirect=on
Time and again over his 16 NFL seasons, Ben Roethlisberger has picked himself up, shaken off an injury and kept playing.

During Sunday’s loss to the Seattle Seahawks, however, it was apparent that Roethlisberger isn’t indestructible. On Monday, Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin announced that the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback would have elbow surgery and miss the remainder of the season.

Roethlisberger “had an MRI on his right elbow Sunday evening and it was determined by the Steelers’ medical team that surgery will be required,” Tomlin said in a statement. “He will be placed on our Reserve/Injured List and is out for the season.”

The pain was obvious the moment Roethlisberger released a deep pass on the team’s final drive of the first half on Sunday. He grabbed his elbow and briefly went to the locker room. He remained on the sideline for the second half, as the Steelers lost, 28-26, to fall to 0-2.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
docc
Head Coach

Rapistlisburger pulls it out for the year...
malk
Head Coach

Interested to see how Rudolph does. He was my early shout in the 2017 draft before he went back to school.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
wab
Mod

I have a weird man crush on Mason Rudolph... so this gives me a reason to pay a little bit of attention to a team that I really can't stand.