NFL Week 6

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Well this has been an interesting week.

49ers beat the Rams
Jets beat the Cowboys
and now...the Steelers are beating the Chargers.

Speaking of the Chargers. WTF happened to them. They looked to be a force last year, and this year they have slipped way back into mediocrity. I mean...fine with me. We have them on the schedule this year.

Honestly. The dangerous schedule we all lamented about this year, looks to be softening rather rapidly.
BR0D1E86
MVP

To be fair, those teams could be saying the same thing about the Bears.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Well it looks like they did their best to try and get the Cowboys to win. How many consecutive plays were penalties called on the Jets?

Makes me feel good that they do the same for us when Mack gets held on practically every play. Oh wait....
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 am Well it looks like they did their best to try and get the Cowboys to win. How many consecutive plays were penalties called on the Jets?

Makes me feel good that they do the same for us when Mack gets held on practically every play. Oh wait....
The last two minutes of that game was unwatchable. Ticky tack crap. Some of them were penalties to be sure, but certainly not all of them.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

The NFL has become hard to watch. 1) The refs are ruining the game. Some of these PI calls are ridiculous and then to have the reviews not overturned? 2) The league has become a league of average to below avg teams and the Patriots. Sure the Pats schedule has been weak, but they are the only team to me that looks like the goods. SF playing really well, their D is legit, but I am waiting for them to fall like the 'boys and Chargers have.

IMO there has been some really bad football this year, more than I remember and i think mainly it is the refereeing, and one of the main things is the non holding calls against Mack.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:54 am
The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 am Well it looks like they did their best to try and get the Cowboys to win. How many consecutive plays were penalties called on the Jets?

The last two minutes of that game was unwatchable. Ticky tack crap. Some of them were penalties to be sure, but certainly not all of them.
agreed

it was so bad I was expecting the Cowboys to get a do over on the 2 point try because the Jets DB had the audacity to fall down when Witten pushed him

Otis Day wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:00 am The NFL has become hard to watch. 1) The refs are ruining the game. Some of these PI calls are ridiculous and then to have the reviews not overturned? 2) The league has become a league of average to below avg teams and the Patriots. Sure the Pats schedule has been weak, but they are the only team to me that looks like the goods. SF playing really well, their D is legit, but I am waiting for them to fall like the 'boys and Chargers have.

IMO there has been some really bad football this year, more than I remember and i think mainly it is the refereeing, and one of the main things is the non holding calls against Mack.
everything about the officials and the rules needs to be reworked

when you have a bunch of part time officials being expected to absorb an encyclopedia and apply all details of it with any accuracy each game, you are going to be disappointed

simplify the rules and get rid of the super slow-mo replays ... let them watch the replay as many times as they want, but at real speed, so that the calls start to match what the eyes see
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

I didn't watch a lot of football over the weekend, but I did pop in long enough to watch the Cowboys when they were down 21-3 before the half. It was crazy.

I'll agree that it's been a weird year where good teams are average, average teams are bad, and bad teams are really bad. There has been a LOT of below average-to-bad football.

Might as well just hand the Pats the Lombardi now.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:18 am everything about the officials and the rules needs to be reworked

when you have a bunch of part time officials being expected to absorb an encyclopedia and apply all details of it with any accuracy each game, you are going to be disappointed

simplify the rules and get rid of the super slow-mo replays ... let them watch the replay as many times as they want, but at real speed, so that the calls start to match what the eyes see
They should go back to the way it was.

Allow the contact and the hits. Accept the fact that as a consequence of getting paid millions upon millions of dollars that you run the risk of having brain damage. Similar to a boxer.

Instant replay should be allowed on scoring and then have the coach's challenge.

Make the refs full time employees. My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that the refs are part timers. Have them on the payroll for the whole calendar year and in the offseason have them practice and be self critical of themselves. Have some accountability. All of us in our jobs have it. Why are they so special? Have the coaches and players provide feedback on who the good and bad ones are.

I still think the officiating in the NFL is subject to nudging by the league.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

C'MON Detroit!!!! Let's go Kitties!!
MoFugger
Head Coach

Lions beat themselves on that first drive, but they ain't screwing around.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Pack secondary got torched twice.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I fucking hate Aaron Rodgers with the heat of 1000 suns. But I have to admit, that dude can drop dimes.

C'mon Lions. Don't fuck this up!
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Refs just giving Packers the game. BS hands to the face call on critical down.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Rodgers, OMG!! He was making that 5th string WR look like Moss. That is what a franchise QB does, make everyone look and play better. That TD throw to Lazard, Lazaro, whoever the hell he is, was just friggin remarkable. He had a foot to put that ball in there and he dropped right in.

I still don't think the Pack are that good overall. But what always holds true, you can't beat them by kicking FGS.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Rakshir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:15 pm Refs just giving Packers the game. BS hands to the face call on critical down.
That hands to the face call on a long 3rd down was TOTAL bullshit.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Both times he was called were BS and it sealed the Packers win.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I was so hoping Crosby doinked the FG attempt to spoil the refs plans of handing the game to Goon Bay ... no such luck
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin