Wade Phillips v Pagano

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Umbali
MVP

So yah I know this isnt a reality but I saw an article where they stated that Phillips might not be back with the Rams. I lived in Denver when Phillips was their D coordinator during the superbowl victory. Always liked watching his Defense.

So my question is based on what you have seen from Pagano this year, would you rather have Phillips or Pagano next year?

Person Id take Phillips.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:52 pm So yah I know this isnt a reality but I saw an article where they stated that Phillips might not be back with the Rams. I lived in Denver when Phillips was their D coordinator during the superbowl victory. Always liked watching his Defense.

So my question is based on what you have seen from Pagano this year, would you rather have Phillips or Pagano next year?

Person Id take Phillips.
The defense was ranked in the top ten despite not having an offense. Pagano's options were extremely limited. You can't take risks when if you give up 13 points and have the potential of losing. There were also injuries.

That being said, Phillips' reputation as a DC is undeniable, but there's no need to create drama on the defensive side of the ball when it isn't a problem and the offense is a clusterfuck.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Phillips has by far more to go on, but you stay with Pagano at this point. No need to start overhauling shit on that side of the ball when they have performed and had to save the inept O.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Turnovers decreased by over 20 from 2018, the team wasn't nearly as aggressive this year. There were also few injuries last year while the team didn't have that luxury this year. I'm assuming they stick with Pagano for 2020, I doubt they'll find anyone they consider better.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
wab
Mod

There's nothing wrong with what Pagano did. I know everyone wants 100 sacks and 50 INTs, but they won't find and upgrade over him.