Panthers hire Matt Rhule as new Head Coach

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

WOW! Didn't see that one coming. If anything I thought he was going to NY.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:57 am WOW! Didn't see that one coming. If anything I thought he was going to NY.
Many did. Supposedly the Panthers offered an incredibly insane contract: 7 years, $60M with incentives to get to $70M. They also paid off Baylor's penalty for Rhule leaving early of $6M. Giants supposedly got wind of the contract and withdrew from consideration. This contract is going to stir up existing head coaches making 1/2 that amount.
[Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

None of these HC hires have made any damn sense to me. The closest one is McCarthy.

Rhule's record was 47-43 in college and the Panthers throw a shit ton of money at him?

None of these teams wanted to wait to talk to the coordinators at KC, Baltimore, etc?

The Rooney Rule is a giant joke to me anyway because I don't think its done jack shit for that topic, but maybe these teams know where Bieniemy is going to go (Cleveland?) or maybe they know he's going to stand pat? IDK. I'm not trying to "go there" I'm really not. It just seems some teams are in a big hurry to sign a nobody.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/news/repo ... ts-tuesday
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:50 am None of these HC hires have made any damn sense to me. The closest one is McCarthy.

Rhule's record was 47-43 in college and the Panthers throw a shit ton of money at him?

None of these teams wanted to wait to talk to the coordinators at KC, Baltimore, etc?

The Rooney Rule is a giant joke to me anyway because I don't think its done jack shit for that topic, but maybe these teams know where Bieniemy is going to go (Cleveland?) or maybe they know he's going to stand pat? IDK. I'm not trying to "go there" I'm really not. It just seems some teams are in a big hurry to sign a nobody.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/news/repo ... ts-tuesday
Everyone wants the hot commodity and Rhule was it. It's why Pace jumped all over Nagy. I'd have thought guys like Greg Roman (Ravens OC) and Josh McDaniels would have gotten some love. In the case of the Giants, I doubt anyone else was considering Judge, the team could have moved with more deliberation.
[Where are my old Chicago Bears and what have you done with them, Ryan Poles?