23%
Seattle Seahawks
16%
Asshats in Goon Bay
9%

Total votes: 44
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Last week's games much closer, this week, not so close.

This game just shocks the hell out of me. I wanted this to be the opposite of yesterday's games. I wanted a shootout. No way KC can overcome a 24 pt deficit.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:42 pm How is this Reid's fault? Are you watching the same game I am?
I'd say more along the lines of having his team not ready to play. The WRs looking awfully bearish right now with the drops and miscues.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Quick strike there, but they have a big damn hill to climb.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I'm glad Houston didn't go for it on 4th down and just kicked the FG. That would've been a huge momentum changer.

(Typing this as Houston coughed up the kick return. This game is insane.)
MoFugger
Head Coach

Otis Day wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:59 pm Last week's games much closer, this week, not so close.

This game just shocks the hell out of me. I wanted this to be the opposite of yesterday's games. I wanted a shootout. No way KC can overcome a 24 pt deficit.
You sure about that?
BR0D1E86
MVP

I'm mostly over the whole Trubisky vs Mahomes/Watson thing at this point. Water under the bridge, and the problem we have is the problem we have.

But this game makes it real frustrating.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:34 pm
Otis Day wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:59 pm Last week's games much closer, this week, not so close.

You sure about that?
I was hoping since I threw that out there the opposite would occur? Rooting hard for KC.

So does this mean O'Brien's guys were prepared? You know since Reid was catching some hell earlier.

IMO, when it comes to scheme or play calling in the game, that is where you blame coaches. But, dropped balls, penalties, those are on the players.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

BR0D1E86 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:39 pm I'm mostly over the whole Trubisky vs Mahomes/Watson thing at this point. Water under the bridge, and the problem we have is the problem we have.

But this game makes it real frustrating.
This game is making Ryan Pace look like shit. These guys are putting on a spectacle.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

As I have said before, I didn't know who the hell Mahomes was. I don't watch Texas Tech football, but saw Watson plenty of times on TV. 2 Championship games, loved everything about him. Competitive, winner, good arm, mobile, leader.

Trubisky, never heard of him either. Played at bball school, NC. Give me the guy who won big games at a big time program anyday.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Can you imagine being a member of the Bears front office watching the playoffs this weekend?

Vrabel rams the football right down the Ravens' throat and wins a second playoff game this season on the road.

But our coaching staff isn't here to run the i-formation.

Watson and Mahomes go to war and right now (11:50 left in the 3rd) this is already one of the greatest playoff games I've ever seen.

But our GM trades up one draft spot (with all three QBs still available) to draft the one guy that isn't in this game.

Maybe the Bears should just fire everybody and start all over. Unreal.
docc
Head Coach

5 TDS by KC ... Wow
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

I'm loving it go Kansas City, just need the Pukers to lose for the weekend to be complete
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

Otis Day wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:58 pm As I have said before, I didn't know who the hell Mahomes was. I don't watch Texas Tech football, but saw Watson plenty of times on TV. 2 Championship games, loved everything about him. Competitive, winner, good arm, mobile, leader.

Trubisky, never heard of him either. Played at bball school, NC. Give me the guy who won big games at a big time program anyday.
I agree Otis, I don't think Pace puts enough value on the guys that play in bigger programs, that play against a higher level of talent.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I don't think I have ever seen a game like this. 24 points by one team then 41 unanswered by the other.

Glad my reverse psychology with myself worked.

Even though I am for KC, I would like to see the Texans score to really make this interesting again.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Kind of lost in the madness of KC, Watson having a helluva game.
MoFugger
Head Coach

This game is drunk.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

KC OL dumping beers on himself, hellish. Holy shit!! I am in shock now the other way. Was not sure KC could overcome their early fuckups, but they did in a big way.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I don't care if this game is turning into a blowout, I'm loving the hell out of this.

Its comforting to know that if the Packers make the Super Bowl and if they're playing Kansas City, that the Chiefs will kick the everloving shit out of them.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:38 pm Turn out the lights, the party's over.

I had high expectations for this game. It is ova in the first qtr.
That's what I thought too! But what a 2nd Q by KC. Just incredible. Kelce is ridiculous.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

And now the Packers.

Hopefully the refs make this a fair fight.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:13 am Hopefully Nagy is taking notes watching the Titans play.

The offense is modified to help a struggling QB by committing to the run and using rollouts. Then the trick plays are used as the exception and not the rule.

Running the ball then drains the clock causing a superior opponent (at least on paper) to have to air the ball out to play catch up and then they lose.

And no, @wab I'm not longing for the days of Jim Miller. I just want a HC that adapts to the reality of his personnel and not his flights of fancy with whatever offense he uses.
It also helps that Derrick Henry is an absolute monster. The guy is a freak at 6'3" 247lbs and 4.5 speed. That's just sick.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:49 pm And now the Packers.

If the refs hand the Packers the game, I'm gonna be really pissed.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:50 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:13 am Hopefully Nagy is taking notes watching the Titans play.

The offense is modified to help a struggling QB by committing to the run and using rollouts. Then the trick plays are used as the exception and not the rule.

Running the ball then drains the clock causing a superior opponent (at least on paper) to have to air the ball out to play catch up and then they lose.

And no, @wab I'm not longing for the days of Jim Miller. I just want a HC that adapts to the reality of his personnel and not his flights of fancy with whatever offense he uses.
It also helps that Derrick Henry is an absolute monster. The guy is a freak at 6'3" 247lbs and 4.5 speed. That's just sick.
No doubt. Henry is on another level yet kudos to Vrabel for acknowledging that and using it.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

All this good mojo from the other games will be ruined if the Packers win. Refs missed an obvious hold on the Rodgers roll out. Now the fucking Hag TE fumbles. I know games can turnaround, but shit, things going GB way.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Rakshir wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:32 pm
Otis Day wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:58 pm As I have said before, I didn't know who the hell Mahomes was. I don't watch Texas Tech football, but saw Watson plenty of times on TV. 2 Championship games, loved everything about him. Competitive, winner, good arm, mobile, leader.

I agree Otis, I don't think Pace puts enough value on the guys that play in bigger programs, that play against a higher level of talent.
That's a really good point. Now that I think about it. He's drafted plenty of small school guys. Look at Shaheen, Nichols, Braverman, Miller, etc. All small school, or off-sport programs.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:56 pm All this good mojo from the other games will be ruined if the Packers win. Refs missed an obvious hold on the Rodgers roll out. Now the fucking Hag TE fumbles. I know games can turnaround, but shit, things going GB way.
Seahawks look flat. This is going to suck if the Packers win.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:51 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:49 pm And now the Packers.

If the refs hand the Packers the game, I'm gonna be really pissed.
I'm loving that fumble call. Fuck you Green Bay. Spoiled assholes used to getting their way.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

An actual call doesn't go the pack's way, interesting.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Wait for Rodgers to retire. The Packers will enter a Dark Ages. Then let's see if they get the calls.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:07 pm Wait for Rodgers to retire. The Packers will enter a Dark Ages. Then let's see if they get the calls.
It won't matter. They are going to draft yet another HOF QB. The fuckers.