23%
Seattle Seahawks
16%
Asshats in Goon Bay
9%

Total votes: 44
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Packer WRs are always wide fucking open. MY wife noticed that as well. I told her she is used to watching the Bears and they are never that open.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Minor, but by rule a penalty, PI. FUCK!!
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Can't settle for FGs against A A Ron, sure way to lose.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Packers are going to win this game. Seattle looks terrible tonight.
docc
Head Coach

I HATE THESE MOTHER FUCKERS>>>> but so far paying good game..
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Wilson the only one playing worth a shit. They need a speedy WR and some RBs.
docc
Head Coach

Dick.. SF vs GB..
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Fuck. Just fuck.

I hate Goon Bay.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I really hate this sport sometimes. What a shitty football season.

Hopefully they go into San Francisco and get the shit kicked out of them.
wab
Mod

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:50 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:13 am Hopefully Nagy is taking notes watching the Titans play.

The offense is modified to help a struggling QB by committing to the run and using rollouts. Then the trick plays are used as the exception and not the rule.

Running the ball then drains the clock causing a superior opponent (at least on paper) to have to air the ball out to play catch up and then they lose.

And no, @wab I'm not longing for the days of Jim Miller. I just want a HC that adapts to the reality of his personnel and not his flights of fancy with whatever offense he uses.
It also helps that Derrick Henry is an absolute monster. The guy is a freak at 6'3" 247lbs and 4.5 speed. That's just sick.
Do people really think that if Nagy had Derrick Henry, that he wouldn't be a focal point of the offense?

Literally no Bears RB that has been on the roster the last two years comes close to that dude.
Drone7
Player of the Month

Yeah, I doubt Nagy would make Henry the focus, because Nagy doesn't know much about the running game, which is why he farmed it out so to speak. He seems to believe in a focus on the passing game, with a lot of different formations, motion etc,...finesse in other words.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:47 am
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:50 pm

It also helps that Derrick Henry is an absolute monster. The guy is a freak at 6'3" 247lbs and 4.5 speed. That's just sick.
Do people really think that if Nagy had Derrick Henry, that he wouldn't be a focal point of the offense?

Literally no Bears RB that has been on the roster the last two years comes close to that dude.
Yes that’s exactly what I think.

Nagy had Jordan Howard of all people traded. Yes, of course Howard isn’t on the level of Henry, but Nagy’s idea of a running game is Cohen up the middle, Patterson in the wildcat and Mitch doing QB sneaks coming off of a shoulder injury. So yeah, I don’t think Nagy would have a place for Henry.
wab
Mod

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:58 pm
wab wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:47 am

Nagy had Jordan Howard of all people traded. Yes, of course Howard isn’t on the level of Henry, but Nagy’s idea of a running game is Cohen up the middle, Patterson in the wildcat and Mitch doing QB sneaks coming off of a shoulder injury. So yeah, I don’t think Nagy would have a place for Henry.
I'm sorry man, but Jordan Howard isn't in the same stratosphere as Derrick Henry.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

After watching KC and Philly, I am not sure Nagy would want a Henry. He would not go out and seek a Henry type back because his offense is not set up for a Henry type back.

If a Henry type back was here when Nagy arrived, I would like to think he would use that back to the back's potential.

All speculation, but Reid doesn't need a Henry type back, so Nags is right there with his mentor.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:45 pm After watching KC and Philly, I am not sure Nagy would want a Henry. He would not go out and seek a Henry type back because his offense is not set up for a Henry type back.

If a Henry type back was here when Nagy arrived, I would like to think he would use that back to the back's potential.

All speculation, but Reid doesn't need a Henry type back, so Nags is right there with his mentor.
Nagy's biggest misconception is that Tarik Cohen = Tyreek Hill
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:00 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:58 pm

I'm sorry man, but Jordan Howard isn't in the same stratosphere as Derrick Henry.
I agree. He's not.

Yet Nagy had a reliable 1,000 yard / year rusher and got him traded out of town because he didn't fit the offense.

How does Henry fit the offense in a way that Howard didn't?
MoFugger
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm
wab wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:00 pm
I agree. He's not.

Yet Nagy had a reliable 1,000 yard / year rusher and got him traded out of town because he didn't fit the offense.

That thousand yard a year rusher barely got over 500 yards and did he even have a dozen catches?
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

MoFugger wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:54 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm

I agree. He's not.

That thousand yard a year rusher barely got over 500 yards and did he even have a dozen catches?

Howard had an injury plagued year with the Eagles and missed significant playing time ... he did however have 1,000+ yards as a Bear in his first 2 years and only missed 1,000 in year 3 because he was less utilized

I think the point being made was Nagy is not looking for a RB to build a ground game around and pound the football which is contrary to Chicago history ... so he wouldn't even be interested in Henry as that type of back does not meet his criteria

unfortunately, his alternate plan is not yet a proven success
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin