Wow Tennessee

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

dplank
Hall of Famer

That’s what a great OL, power back, and commitment to the run looks like. Henry gets the credit and he’s great, but he was often untouched until he was 4 yards ahead and had momentum.

Feel bad for bmore, lots of friends and family there. They better keep Roman, I suspect he’ll get some looks for HC
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Playing strong on both sides of the ball. They really got after Jackson without blitzing. The way they're going, I wouldn't be surprised for them to win next week regardless of who they play.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Henry defies logic. His running style is all wrong, and yet...

Can't sleep on the Titans anymore.
Drone7
Player of the Month

Earlier this season, many were calling for Titans' OL coach Carter's head. They had transitioned from a power scheme under Malarkey and Grimm to the present zone / gap scheme and were struggling. They were also giving up more sacks because the running game hadn't gelled and Mariota's lack of decisiveness. Seems like their OL is blocking in unison now and the PA game is working.
MoFugger
Head Coach

Drone7 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:34 am Earlier this season, many were calling for Titans' OL coach Carter's head. They had transitioned from a power scheme under Malarkey and Grimm to the present zone / gap scheme and were struggling. They were also giving up more sacks because the running game hadn't gelled and Mariota's lack of decisiveness. Seems like their OL is blocking in unison now and the PA game is working.
You really have to admire how the Titans adapted this season. Start out 2 and 4, bench your starting quarterback, get hot at the right time, and go on to knock two Super Bowl favorites out of the playoffs?

What a fantastic job of coaching!
I'm sure there are a lot of very stunned and ticked off people this morning (I wonder what the payout on that upset was), but how could any true football fan not featuring for this team as of now?
dplank
Hall of Famer

The left side of that line is brutal. Lewan/Saffold. And they have Conklin anchoring the right side. It's no wonder they can run so well. Ravens are a stout defense too, but the Tenn OL was simply too physical for them.

Ravens fans are blaming the turnovers and missed 4th down conversions. I get it, those were big plays. But they still could have won if they had shut down the Tennessee rushing attack, they simply couldn't do it. Even at the end when they knew they were running the ball, they just were overmatched physically.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

The turnovers in that game are a strawman argument.

Tennessee just rammed the ball down the Ravens throats. We're talking about allegedly the best team in football against a team with Ryan Tannehill at QB and they got fucking murdered. I didn't think the Ravens defense would be standing come the 4th quarter. Even though the Titans won by 16 it didn't look that close.

Harbaugh is no dummy. He knew what was coming. He just couldn't stop it.

Wanna read something that's fucking crazy? Even with all the running Tennessee lost the TOP 27:54 to 32:06.

I would want no part of playing that team next week. They run the ball like that, keep the offense off the field, and gas out the defense good luck dealing with that shit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401131041
MoFugger
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:13 pm The turnovers in that game are a strawman argument.

Tennessee just rammed the ball down the Ravens throats. We're talking about allegedly the best team in football against a team with Ryan Tannehill at QB and they got fucking murdered. I didn't think the Ravens defense would be standing come the 4th quarter. Even though the Titans won by 16 it didn't look that close.

Harbaugh is no dummy. He knew what was coming. He just couldn't stop it.

Wanna read something that's fucking crazy? Even with all the running Tennessee lost the TOP 27:54 to 32:06.

I would want no part of playing that team next week. They run the ball like that, keep the offense off the field, and gas out the defense good luck dealing with that shit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401131041
The TOP is surprising, but.....

10 point underdogs, on the road, complete eight passes for less than 90 yards, are outgained by about 240 yards, run almost 40 less offensive plays than the other team....

And win by 16 points? In the playoffs?

I love this game!
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

No doubt Montgomery is better for a Nagy offense. I’m old school, I’m a smash mouth offense type of guy and that ain’t going to be playing in Chicago for a while.

The last guy I can remember running so upright was Brad Muster, Bears fullback.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
IE
Hall of Famer

Henry is just such a monster. His mass helps him go forward when he's being tackled. He's also deceptively quick on his feet. And their Oline is pretty darn good.

Nice catch by 81 too. Was Horsted-esque. :)

So Tennessee scored 28 points. That was pretty good.

But IMO, the Ravens just choked. I think they went in super cocky. They dropped everything, and blew several big plays. Credit the Titan D for making a couple of big stands. Weird sneak on that one 4th and 1.

8 or 9 out of 10 games, the Ravens win. The score probably should have been 35-28 Ravens. But it didn't happen. My point is I don't think the Titans are that hot. Harbaugh didn't have his team ready. They were assuming they were going to the big dance. Now they're going home.

Same thing is happening to the Chiefs right now. Mahomes is focused, as I think was Jackson. But everyone else is un-focused & they need some breaks now. And Mahomes better put on his superman cape.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

There’s a whole Around the NFL forum with its own thread for playoff discussions.

Let’s put stuff in the right place. K?
BR0D1E86
MVP

IE wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 pm.
Same thing is happening to the Chiefs right now. Mahomes is focused, as I think was Jackson. But everyone else is un-focused & they need some breaks now. And Mahomes better put on his superman cape.
After 3 touchdowns in 3 minutes, I'd say that's done.