Wonder how much NFL is worried about the virus?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Drone7
Player of the Month

Thoughts?
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Most likely to be burned out by football time.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

There are articles that the summer Olympics in Japan may be cancelled. If if reaches that level in the U.S., there will be bigger issues than football at stake.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Xee
Site Admin

Grizzled wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:25 am There are articles that the summer Olympics in Japan may be cancelled. If if reaches that level in the U.S., there will be bigger issues than football at stake.
The prime minister of Japan just said today that they are going ahead as planned.

I don't think the NFL is worried about this any more than they are the flu, which I think is reasonable.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Xee wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:29 pm
Grizzled wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:25 am There are articles that the summer Olympics in Japan may be cancelled. If if reaches that level in the U.S., there will be bigger issues than football at stake.
The prime minister of Japan just said today that they are going ahead as planned.

I don't think the NFL is worried about this any more than they are the flu, which I think is reasonable.
At this time and without evidence showing how widespread this will become, that is reasonable.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Xee
Site Admin

Grizzled wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:58 pm
Xee wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:29 pm

At this time and without evidence showing how widespread this will become, that is reasonable.
I think it's reasonable regardless of how widespread it becomes. The NFL didn't do anything when the swine flue infected 55 million people in the US in 2009 so unless we see a number at least that big in 2020 for the coronavirus I doubt this will even register with them. And even if the it does, in the majority of the cases the symptoms are a cough, fever, and/or shortness of breath so again, I doubt the NFL is going to care.