Alex Smith : Project 11

Non-Bears NFL news

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Alex Smith : Project 11

Sun May 03, 2020 8:32 pm

just finished watching this program ... it is really an eye opener as to what this guy has gone through

the show has some gruesome graphic imagery of his injury and the surgeries but it is done to show how serious all of this was ... and that there was a time his life was actually in danger due to the infections

the guy is fortunate to be alive and functional ... he is still saying football is not out of the question, which is his call ... my opinion is he would be better off by retiring from the sport
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Re: Alex Smith : Project 11

Sun May 03, 2020 10:42 pm

Gruesome for sure. I have a weak stomach for that type of shit, and man, nasty. I hope he hangs it up for is own good. I have liked him since college, he needs to quit.

On a lighter note, his wife is a babe.
RichH55
Assistant Coach

Tue May 05, 2020 11:17 am

Really compelling watch (with about 30 extra minutes packed on)

IMHO he is absolutely done - especially with his playing style
Z Bear
Player of the Month

Tue May 05, 2020 2:15 pm

I initially compared Mitch to Smith and I still stand by the comparison. They are very similar athletically and as well as they way they play. Smith too started off slow before he learned to read defenses then finding success later in his career. I see Trubisky as having a similar career and probably will not find success until his 3rd or 4th team.

Sucks to end a career like that though. They ran something on Sportscenter this weekend about him. He is rehabbing with Army vets that suffered IED wounds since his injury resembles those wounds closely. It looks like they had to reconstruct him from the knee down, really just hopeful he can even walk again.

Return to “Around the NFL”