Phillip Rivers Retires

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

I know a lot of people didn't like the guy, but man he was pretty fun to watch. Another great one calling it quits.

dplank
Hall of Famer

Absolutely hated that guy and his cheesy "i don't curse" bullshit, as if he's pretending to be polite while still acting like a gaping asshole most of the time. Buh bye. Brees I kinda liked until recently, not sure but looks like he's probably gone too. Brady lives on - that guy just doesn't age! My dark secret is hoping GB wins it all so Erin hangs it up too. But with Rivers/Brees gone it's finally a new era IMO:

Mahomes, Watson, Allen are the new "big 3", with some really interesting guys out there like Jackson, Murray, and an emerging Baker Mayfield IMO. Herbert looked great as a rookie as well. Why oh why can't the Bears find theirs?
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I didn't really have a problem with Rivers ... as wab noted, he was certainly fun to watch

and think of the possibilities if the Bears had signed him rather than Foles ... I don't think they would have had a 6 game losing streak and backed into the playoffs ... they would have taken their spot into the post season outright
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Boris13c wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:51 am I didn't really have a problem with Rivers ... as wab noted, he was certainly fun to watch

and think of the possibilities if the Bears had signed him rather than Foles ... I don't think they would have had a 6 game losing streak and backed into the playoffs ... they would have taken their spot into the post season outright
Rivers would've lost his shit if he was getting plowed all season behind the OL that the Bears put on the field during that 6 game losing streak.
docc
Head Coach

Rivers would not have survived behind what we call..correctly..an offensive line..