aussiebear99
Practice Squad

SEVEN rings??

The man has more rings than Sauron ..
G08
Hall of Famer

I hate him with a passion.

That being said...

The man has more Super Bowl victories than any franchise in the NFL. That's fucking insane.

He's the GOAT, it's indisputable.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

Stop hating and just enjoy you get to watch the GOAT do his thing every year. Makes it alot more fun.

Now carry on with hating on the GOAT.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

G08 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:53 am I hate him with a passion.

That being said...

The man has more Super Bowl victories than any franchise in the NFL. That's fucking insane.

He's the GOAT, it's indisputable.
You can hate him with a passion (I share that with you) and still acknowledge his chemically-enhanced excellence at the same time (which you also did).
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
IE
Hall of Famer

Brady's always been accurate and maddeningly effective with certain targets (one of which is Gronk, who is still the TE GOAT I think). Now he's got an embarassment of riches in terms of targets. It might not be the same next year with Godwin gone and Gronk aging. But with that defense they could be back again...

I just don't remember anyone who is as fun to watch as Paddy Mahomes. I used to love Fran Tarkenton and hate guys like Favre and Rodgers for being able to create something out of nothing. Mahomes is the best- the tops. He had NO chance last night and looked like he was behind the Bears' mid-season Oline. But did you see those throws? They didn't complete last night like they oftentimes do - but what he "almost" did several times was just jaw-dropping. I'm running for my life, falling & my body is almost horizontal... but I'll side-arm it 25 yards and hit you in the face in the end zone... please catch it. The kid is magic.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

I don't hate Brady. I hated the Pats, but I've never hated Brady.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

wab wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:50 am I don't hate Brady. I hated the Pats, but I've never hated Brady.
Well, that makes one of us. ;)
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

I love Tom Brady. The dude is so damn cool during the game. I don't even think the s.o.b. sweats. His texts to the team the week leading up to the SB. He was telling Fournette and Jones that the D was soft. They give up more yds after contact than anyone. Dip your should and run over them. The dude is just as prepared as anyone who has ever played. Actually more prepared. He knows how to win, knows how to bring that to the team.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Tampa's OL by where they were drafted:

T - Donovan Smith (2nd Round) 2015/#34
T - Tristan Wirfs (First Round) 2020/#13
G - Alex Cappa (3rd Round) 2018/#94
G - Ali Marpet (2nd Round) 2015/#61

Guess that is how you keep your QB clean, take drafting OL seriously, unlike a certain team I root for.
wab
Mod

Otis Day wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:04 am Tampa's OL by where they were drafted:

Guess that is how you keep your QB clean, take drafting OL seriously, unlike a certain team I root for.
I don't disagree, but Donovan Smith and Alex Cappa are guys they've been talking about replacing for a while.

Wirfs is great, but Ryan Jensen is the guy that makes that OL tick.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:04 am Tampa's OL by where they were drafted:

I think Jim Finks was the last Bears GM who understood the importance of that concept
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
dplank
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:14 pm

I think Jim Finks was the last Bears GM who understood the importance of that concept
Further to this point, Mahomes has enjoyed ELITE pass protection since becoming a Chief. And has elite weapons. We saw what happened to that offense when both tackles went down - complete breakdown. They couldn't keep Mahomes clean with just 4 pass rushers, dropped coverage, and all the sudden Mahomes didn't look like Mahomes anymore.

OL is just so damn important. Pace is a moron.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

If the Bears were relevant over the past 20 years my feelings would be different, but since they never seriously challenged or contended for anything consistently it's been great to watch Tom Brady do his thing. I've even enjoyed the Patriots and all that drama.

To me it's funny that people condemn the Patriots and Tom Brady for whatever it is they either did or did not do. Yet for those same people I wonder how many times they've looked the other way at rock stars, athletes, politicians, and themselves and families when they've done something wrong. It stinks of hypocrisy.

This has to be close to what is what like to live through the Yankees dynasty of the DiMaggio to Mantle era. Brady has now made Jordan's Bulls look like a rounding error. That dynasty was 6 to 8 years. Brady is spanning decades and he might win another one.

I was really expecting a close game out of this. Yeah KC's OL was beat up, but it's Mahomes. But Brady's team made him their bitch. Just crazy.
HurricaneBear
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:12 am If the Bears were relevant over the past 20 years my feelings would be different, but since they never seriously challenged or contended for anything consistently it's been great to watch Tom Brady do his thing. I've even enjoyed the Patriots and all that drama.

To me it's funny that people condemn the Patriots and Tom Brady for whatever it is they either did or did not do. Yet for those same people I wonder how many times they've looked the other way at rock stars, athletes, politicians, and themselves and families when they've done something wrong. It stinks of hypocrisy.

This has to be close to what is what like to live through the Yankees dynasty of the DiMaggio to Mantle era. Brady has now made Jordan's Bulls look like a rounding error. That dynasty was 6 to 8 years. Brady is spanning decades and he might win another one.

I was really expecting a close game out of this. Yeah KC's OL was beat up, but it's Mahomes. But Brady's team made him their bitch. Just crazy.
Agreed with everything. What he has done has been amazing to watch. And the added hate by so many has just made it that much sweeter. Of course I live a few hours from Foxborough, so i'm biased. It also shows how much more a QB is to the team than just what we see on the field. That Bucs team came out ready to dominate and it showed. The Chiefs got punched in the mouth and had no response. Brady's the best ever at getting the most out of his teammates. It's why he is and always was better than the Rodgers and Mannings of the world. Guys will run thru a brick wall for Tommy.
Wounded Bear
MVP

dplank wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:19 pm
OL is just so damn important. Pace is a moron.
And when you watch Pace select players on draft day, it's like watching a 10 year old put together a football team.

YOU BUILD THE TEAM FROM THE INSIDE OUT.

It was a very deep OL class last year. He did nothing.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson