Orton's finger looked worse than just a cut

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the one closeup they showed of it on the sideline appeared to have something sticking out of the cut (bone?) ... or maybe it was just some grass stuck to it ... for Orton's sake, I hope it isn't bad

but then again, I never thought Orton was a wusscake ... and to see him on the sideline, head down and against the trainer prior to leaving for the locker room, told me this was more severe than a simple cut in need of some stitches
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

It looked like a big strip of flesh was hanging off. I don't think there was any bone there or orton would've been in a hell of a lot more pain. I think he just got a nasty rip on his finger that took off a lot of skin. Any honestly this was probably the worst injury the Broncos could've hoped for because that pointer finger is going to nag the piss out of Orton each time he makes a pass and hell he may not even be game-ready with that stupid finger not being healed.
gaba
Head Coach

It did look gruesome, but probably just a really gnarly looking flesh wound. Terrible place to get it and it might cost him a game or two, but Orton's no p*ssy. He'll be fine and he'll probably play even if he shouldn't.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
wab
Mod

Yeah....if Orton is anything, he's one tough son of a bitch. I was surprised to see a bloody finger causing him so much pain. It's seemed worse than just that. It didn't look broke, but he could have jammed it pretty bad in addition to ripping half the finger tip off.
UOK
Site Admin

The news is calling it an 'external dislocation." not sure what the hell that means but sounds painful.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UrlachersOranjKleats wrote:The news is calling it an 'external dislocation." not sure what the hell that means but sounds painful.

means the bone actually did come through the skin, but was not broken?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

It looked so harmless, too. But when Denver Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton smacked his right hand into the hand of Chicago Bears defensive end Adewale Ogunleye on Sunday night, everyone saw the blood coming from Orton's index finger and figured he cut his hand on Ogunleye's glove. Yet, it wasn't a cut. It was an open dislocation.
Orton's knuckle penetrated through the skin upon contact, which was the real reason for the blood. It was put back into place on the field by the Broncos trainer. The "good" news is that Orton's finger is not fractured. The dislocation is not as serious as a fracture
, so while Orton will not play Thursday in the Broncos' final preseason game against Arizona, he has not been ruled out for the regular-season opener, Sept. 13 at Cincinnati.

If Orton is unable to play on Sept. 13, he would most likely be replaced by rookie Tom Brandstater. The Broncos' original backup QB, Chris Simms, is currently nursing a high ankle sprain, which he suffered during a game on Aug. 22. He is scheduled to be out for 2-to-4 weeks, so his status for the opener is also in question. Brandstater completed 8 of 12 passes and threw an interception in Sunday's game. Regardless of the health of Orton or Simms, this situation should be avoided in fantasy leagues. Denver has got to be the early favorite for worst team in the AFC this season.
gaba
Head Coach

Damn... that sounds sick.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
IE
Hall of Famer

Ouch... a "Theisman Finger"...
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!