Point spreads - yay or nay?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

point spreads - yay or nay?

YAY! Nothing says you're a fan like listening to a dirtbag in polyester trying to get your money!
No votes
NAY! They don't come into play at the real game so serve no real purpose to a real fan!
100%

Total votes: 6
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I understand why hard core betting folk like point spreads ... makes them feel they have some sort of edge to help offset their lack of real sports knowledge ... and they are willing to max out their credit cards to show how studly they are :roll:

but I have never at any time understood why a legitimate sports fan would embrace point spreads ... they don't stop the games at the end to add on the point spreads before declaring a winner do they? nope ... which means sports lines, or point spreads, or whatever the fuck you wish to call them really have no play for a fan of the game itself in my opinion

so wtf?

I believe point spreads are nothing more than a way to help stack the odds in favor of the house when betting is done on a game, and have no real purpose to a true fan of the sport itself ... so I say nay
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

NAY!

Though I should have put some money on the Florida Gators in week 1. "Favored" by 62, they only won by 59.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
gaba
Head Coach

I completely agree with your standard point-spread rant.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
UOK
Site Admin

point spreads suck, never will bet on a spread