Who Is Your NFL MVP?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Pagan
MVP

Who is your NFL MVP?

The NFL "Player of the year" award

The NFL began awarding the Joe F. Carr Trophy (Carr was league president from 1921-39) to the league's most valuable player in 1938, and continued to do so until 1946. Since that time, the NFL's Most Valuable Players and Players of the Year have been named by a variety of sources including some of the top football publications.

List your reason(s) for your pick.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

#1a Albert Haynsworth - He won't win it, but he singlehandedly has transformed of strong Titans' defense into one of the leagues’ best. He’s the best player on the leagues’ best team.

#1b Kurt Warner - Leader in the clubhouse, not only are his numbers ridiculous but he's transformed the culture of an organization that has accepted failure for decades. Right now he's the best quarterback in the league and the best team leader in the league.
Ormazd
MVP

Kurt Warner. I've always liked him, and it's great to see him resurrect his career (and the Cardinals franchise.)
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I'd have to go with Kurt Warner. He's the main reason the Cardinals are actually winning the NFC West instead of being the best of 4 bad teams. The Cardinals are playing good football (offensively at least.)

Drew Brees and Philip Rivers would be in the mix if their teams had winning records.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
G08
Hall of Famer

Kurt Warner, no question. Guy came in as a backup and is arguably the best QB in the league right now.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
wab
Mod

I'm with DD, Haynesworth SHOULD win it....but he won't. Warner will.
Fumblebuck
MVP

Kurt Warner, but as much as I can't stand him Eli Manning could beat him out. If its close, which it is IMO, it could come down what serves the NFL's interest best. Eli has the right name, plays for the right team, and is in the right market.
gaba
Head Coach

I personally don't really get the hate for Eli. He's a good QB on a good team. I don't know about MVP, but it's not like there are any shining stars this year.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Beardude
Practice Squad

Haynesworth or Warner are fine for now but I'd have to wait until the season is over.

Oh what the heck as of right now I'd say Warner.
Road
Pro Bowler

Warner just creeps me out with his religious comments and don't get me started on that wife of his Cruella de Vil!

I'll go with Drew Brees for now but I'm hoping it'll be Kyle Orton! :headbang:
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Road wrote:Warner just creeps me out with his religious comments and don't get me started on that wife of his Cruella de Vil!

I'll go with Drew Brees for now but I'm hoping it'll be Kyle Orton! :headbang:
If a player is open/outspoken about their beliefs or differs from your beliefs, it shouldn't keep them from being recognized for their accomplishments.

Just my 2 cents.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
gaba
Head Coach

If you think G*D is helping you, you should be disqualified. That's cheating.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
wab
Mod

I agree with Road...he's a little creepy with everything. He's entitled to his beliefs....but he's still creepy as hell.
swami
Journeyman

Warner or Eli will probably win it. I think Warner's been more valuable overall.

James Harrison and Jon Beason have been awesome this year too. DPOY races should be interesting.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

too close to call, and too early

both Warner and Manning could revert back to turnover machines and their teams hanging onto their playoff lives as a result ... but at the halfway point, I have them rated at the top of the heap

I'm kind of hoping someone on the Bears steps it up to contend ... like maybe Hester being Hester, instead of the over paid generally useless special teams schlub he currently is
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote: I'm kind of hoping someone on the Bears steps it up to contend ... like maybe Hester being Hester, instead of the over paid generally useless special teams schlub he currently is
Hester could return a kick for a TD in every remaining game and he wouldn't get consideration. It would take us going undefeated the rest of the way (maybe we could lose one) and either Kyle or Matt really going off in order for any Bears to really contend.