week 12 picks

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

The rest of my week 12 picks:

Keep in mind I do not use any point spreads, as they serve no purpose than for gamblers to try and take your money. When the day comes that they stop the game, add on the point spreads at the end, and THEN declare a winner, then point spreads will have an input. Of course if that day ever comes, I will cease watching the NFL.

LAST WEEK = 8-7-1
SEASON = 104-55-1

Home teams in CAPS.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS over Cincinnati Bengals
NY Jets over TENNESSEE TITANS
Tampa Bay Buccaneers over DETROIT LIONS
MIAMI DOLPHINS over New England Patriots
DALLAS COWBOYS over San Francisco 49ers
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS over Buffalo Bills
CLEVELAND BROWNS over Houston Texans
BALTIMORE RAVENS over Philadelphia Eagles
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS over Minnesota Vikings
DENVER BRONCOS over Oakland Raiders
ATLANTA FALCONS over Carolina Panthers
Washington Redskins over SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
ARIZONA CARDINALS over NY Giants
Indianapolis Colts over SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS over Green Bay Packers
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Beardude
Practice Squad

Cardinals over Giants WOW !!

Pass some of that over this way !! That's got to be some great Sh*t man !!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Beardude wrote:Cardinals over Giants WOW !!

Pass some of that over this way !! That's got to be some great Sh*t man !!

just a feeling ... though Eli is much improved, I cannot see him going through a complete season without laying an egg or 2 ... and I think his first big one will be a multi-turnover effort in Phoenix

you seem to be my good luck charm in the shit talking regard ... or did you forget this gem from week 11?
Beardude wrote:You'll start the week off with a loss ( pattys win) on Thursday night.
:-P
George Carlin
gaba
Head Coach

Thanks boris, it's been a while since I've had a chance to disagree with you THIS much. ;)

Jets over TITANS? This is a team that lost to the Raiders a month ago and barely beat the Chiefs. They gave up 400 yards to the Patriots ball boy. The Titans are going to walk all over them and Brett's gonna spend the day on his back.

CHIEFS over Bills? 1-9. What part of that is hard to understand? The Chiefs may be the one team as embarrassing as Chicago. (Sure... the Raiders, Lions and Rams all suck too, but their fans don't even care.) They suck. Just plain suck. The Bills aren't exactly on a hot streak, but there's no better way to end a skid, than to land in KC.

FALCONS over Panthers? I hate the Panthers too, but even in Atlanta, Carolina is the better team. Neither is as good as their record indicates, but the Panthers are the more consistent and experienced team.

CARDINALS over Giants? Yeah I know... we hate Eli. I get it. The Cardinals have a couple good wins this year but this one's a stretch, even for an upset pick.

MIAMI DOLPHINS over New England Patriots? Okay, this one's a little tougher. Yeah, the Pats are struggling and the Dolphins are on a bit of a hot streak. The Patriots are still only missing one guy from an absolutely dominant team. Brady may be out, but there are still 21 other guys that remember being embarrassed at home in September. Not only do I think they're going to win, I think it's going to be ugly.

Just my Image.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

gaba wrote:Thanks boris, it's been a while since I've had a chance to disagree with you THIS much. ;)

you're welcome

the Titans are due for a loss ... they struggled to beat our sorry assed Bears and SHOULD have lost to Jacksonville

The Chefs have to pull one out of their asses sooner or later ... and who better as their victim than Dick "deer in the headlights" Ja-moron's Bills?

the Panthers have some injuries on their offensive line, which means Delhomme may be spending more time on his back than a Green Bay whore during a cheese festival

the Giants look like the most impressive team in the NFL right now ... which, based on how this season has gone, means they are due for a flameout

Dolphins / Patriots you can toss a coin ... even game, and the 'Fins seem to be feeling it right now
George Carlin
Beardude
Practice Squad

Boris13c wrote:

just a feeling ... though Eli is much improved, I cannot see him going through a complete season without laying an egg or 2 ... and I think his first big one will be a multi-turnover effort in Phoenix

you seem to be my good luck charm in the shit talking regard ... or did you forget this gem from week 11?

:-P
Hey it took OT to get her won !! :D
gaba
Head Coach

No matter what the record says, I just can't buy the Patriots as an average team. I think the Dolphins are doing a great job right now but there's still some pride left on the Pats. They're not going to roll over when things get tough. I'm counting on their pride here. Plus, I refuse to believe Tom Brady is THAT good.

I don't think the Chiefs are ever going to pull their heads out of their asses. They're coached by yet another protege of the guy that couldn't win the big game until he got there against one of his worthless students. Herm's not going to turn that team around. He inherited a decent team with some promising young stars and turned them into a laughing stock. I don't recall the Chiefs ever being this bad, even when they had Dave Kreig at QB.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Beardude
Practice Squad

Boris13c wrote:The rest of my week 12 picks:

Keep in mind I do not use any point spreads, as they serve no purpose than for gamblers to try and take your money. When the day comes that they stop the game, add on the point spreads at the end, and THEN declare a winner, then point spreads will have an input. Of course if that day ever comes, I will cease watching the NFL.

LAST WEEK = 8-7-1
SEASON = 104-55-1

Home teams in CAPS.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS over Cincinnati Bengals
NY Jets over TENNESSEE TITANS
Tampa Bay Buccaneers over DETROIT LIONS
MIAMI DOLPHINS over New England Patriots
DALLAS COWBOYS over San Francisco 49ers
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS over Buffalo Bills
CLEVELAND BROWNS over Houston Texans
BALTIMORE RAVENS over Philadelphia Eagles
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS over Minnesota Vikings
DENVER BRONCOS over Oakland Raiders
ATLANTA FALCONS over Carolina Panthers
Washington Redskins over SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
ARIZONA CARDINALS over NY Giants
Indianapolis Colts over SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS over Green Bay Packers
Well mr pick em let's see how you do vs me this week

My picks:

STEELERS
TITANS
BUCS
PATS
COWBOYS
BILLS
BROWNS
RAVENS
JAGS
BRONCOS
PANTHERS
REDSKINS
GIANTS
COLTS
packers
gaba
Head Coach

DAMMIT... I agree with Beardude.

Except for the p*ckers thing. I would never pick the p*ckers, even if I did think they could win. I honestly don't think they'll win this one though. Partly because they're on the road and partly because the Bears made them believe they are FAR better than they actually are. The Saints aren't great, but the p*ck has been set up for a big fall.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Damn the Brett's are a popular pick over the Titans.

I don't think the Titans are anywhere near as good as their record (hell, we should have beat them), but it would be kind of nice to see them whip up on Brett.

It’s funny how some media outlets are praising him while truly informed sport pundits are talking out the way the Jets are tying his hands behind his back to make sure he doesn’t lose the game for them.