Looks like C-Pep could see the field soon for the Lions

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

DaDitka
Hall of Famer

Sources: Orlovsky out indefinitely with thumb sprain

by Jay Glazer

Updated: November 3, 2008, 2:53 PM EST 11 comments add this RSS blog email Print Sunday was a bad day for quarterbacks in the NFL as yet another starter will miss time due to injury.

Lions starting quarterback Dan Orlovsky sprained a ligament in his thumb on his throwing hand and will miss the next few weeks, and perhaps even longer, FOXSports.com has learned.

Orlovsky will have his right hand placed in a cast for the next couple weeks to see how quickly it heels before the Lions decide when he can return to action.

Orlovsky was 28-of-47 for 292 yards in Sunday's 27-23 loss to the NFC North-leading Bears. He threw two touchdowns and two interceptions as the Lions dropped to 0-8. With the Bengals' win on Sunday, Detroit is now the only winless team in the NFL.

In related news, former NFL MVP Daunte Culpepper is expected to take a physical in Detroit on Monday and sign a two-year deal with the team afterwards. It is unclear when he would be ready to step onto the field for Detroit
UOK
Site Admin

Bullshit.

He hasn't even seen one page of the playbook. If/when he signs he's gonna need at least 2 weeks of practice just to get familiar with the very basic plays.
DaDitka
Hall of Famer

I doubt it will be this week, but I could see them dumbing it down enough that he's under center for their Thanksgiving game.
IE
Hall of Famer

Its either Cpep or Drew Stanton. At this point, I'd think Stanton is better. CPep hasn't been any good at all in 4 years. It isn't the same pre-injury guy from Minnyhaha. Not even close. He's now an immobile INT machine with a big arm and no accuracy. They need to give Stanton the reps if he's even remotely healthy.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Fumblebuck
MVP

Detroit has exactly what Cpep has been looking for and needs, just like back in the day in Minny....a huge mistake erasing freak at the WR spot. He'll be an early candidate for comeback player of the year (for next year)
IE
Hall of Famer

Fumblebuck wrote:Detroit has exactly what Cpep has been looking for and needs, just like back in the day in Minny....a huge mistake erasing freak at the WR spot. He'll be an early candidate for comeback player of the year (for next year)
I think what you're saying would be true if he was still mobile... but there's no evidence of it. There is evidence to the contrary.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Fumblebuck
MVP

I think what you're saying would be true if he was still mobile... but there's no evidence of it. There is evidence to the contrary.
He won't need to run, I just watched their Oline this weekend and they looked rock solid in pass pro.