How does this not warrant a suspension?

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

[youtube][/youtube]

Seriously?! This Patriot was taking SWINGS at a player who does not have a helmet on and does not getting suspended. I don't care if the Dolphins' player may have started it, you do not retaliate by swinging fists. On top of that, he only gets fined $15,000. There are defensive players who have bigger fines thrown at them for "unecessary" hits on the quarterback. When they are simply doing their job. Throwing punches? Not part of the job description of an NFL player.

Way to hide your unbiased love for the Patriots Roger. A $15,000 fine for something like this is not a slap on the wrist. It's a love pat on the ass.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
gaba
Head Coach

Not to defend any of them, but it's not like the dude was attacked. I can't tell who started the fight but it sure didn't look like Crowder was trying to get away. He came at him without the helmet on. If you want to take issue with that part of it, it's not Light's fault that Crowder didn't have the sense to back off when he lost his helmet. Does it warrant a suspension? Yeah, maybe. But not any more than if the guy had been wearing a helmet.

An unnecessary hit on the QB is a much bigger deal than a fight that was not one sided. If Light deserves a suspension, then so does Crowder. I personally don't know that either of them does.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
wab
Mod

Light ws slapping at him like a fairy....lol
RumpShaker
Practice Squad

may be if that was a closed fist punch, But a little bitch slap there is nothing wrong with it.... like wab said, he was slapping like a fairy..... lol