The HILARIOUS thing about the winless Lions...

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

They were 4-0 in the preseason.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
UOK
Site Admin

That sir is called irony. However, another interesting piece of history which could be achieved is if the Lions go winless the year after the Patriots go undefeated...hmm.
Pagan
MVP

I'm pretty sure there has NEVER been a winless team in the modern era of football- that fact that it happens to anyone in the Bears division is a bonus.
Let them lose out.

pagan
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Pagan wrote:I'm pretty sure there has NEVER been a winless team in the modern era of football- that fact that it happens to anyone in the Bears division is a bonus.
Let them lose out.

pagan
Depends on how you define modern. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Yuccaneers) lost their first 26 games as a franchise (0-14 in 1976 and started 0-12 in 1977.)
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
gaba
Head Coach

Personally, I think a winless team reflects poorly on the entire division. It takes away (by at least 2 wins) from the record and reputation of the other teams and the fact that they have played pretty close in division games speaks poorly of the level of competition in the division. I always want to beat my rivals, but I think it means a lot more when they're good. What fun is it to brag about beating an 0-16 team?

That being said... I kind of hope they do it.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

gaba wrote:Personally, I think a winless team reflects poorly on the entire division. It takes away (by at least 2 wins) from the record and reputation of the other teams and the fact that they have played pretty close in division games speaks poorly of the level of competition in the division.
so what you're saying is, the NFC North sucks?

like dude ... we know that :-P
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
IE
Hall of Famer

I was at the game last Sunday, and they really had a good chance to beat the Vikes. They were moving the ball very well against the Vikes all day. But 5 trips to the red zone, and they only attempted to throw to Calvin Johnson once. Against a 5-9 corner. Johnson's their best weapon by far. They chose to run up the middle a lot against the Vikes in the red zone. And now they're 0-13.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

IE wrote:I was at the game last Sunday, and they really had a good chance to beat the Vikes. They were moving the ball very well against the Vikes all day. But 5 trips to the red zone, and they only attempted to throw to Calvin Johnson once. Against a 5-9 corner. Johnson's their best weapon by far. They chose to run up the middle a lot against the Vikes in the red zone. And now they're 0-13.

see, that's the exact same dumbass plan the Bears utilized in the Humpty Dome ... down at the 1 yard line, first and goal, so hey, let's try 1 pass, then run 3 times RIGHT UP THE MIDDLE ... and I don't f'ing get it

yeah yeah, I know the whole macho thing of not wanting to allow an opponent to dictate to you ... BUT, when you know an opponent's strength, it is generally a bad idea to keep playing right into their hands hoping maybe you'll succeed

and when you're playing against large almost immovable objects, get them going one way and then GO SOMEWHERE ELSE ... a counter, a trap, a pitch out ... anything but right at them
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin