early Super Bowl prediction thread

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

this has been an interesting season, and this year's final playoff positioning for most of the teams might not happen until the actual last game

which I think is kind of cool

so, in the interest of keeping with the "anything can happen" spirit of NFL 2008, I'll say Arizona Cardinals vs NY Jets in the Super Bowl, because if I look at the teams realistically, these are the 2 current playoff contenders I give the lowest chance of actually being there ... so, I am throwing reason to the winds and hoping for a completely baffling and entertaining end of season and playoff tournament, finished off with the first overtime Super Bowl

Cardinals 33-30 in the second overtime
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
gaba
Head Coach

I don't know whether to vomit or laugh uncontrollably at the prospect of b**tt flavre returning to a Superbowl. On one hand, I still hate the guy and don't want to see him enjoy any level of success. I'd like nothing more than to see a gruesome career ending (maybe life threatening) injury on national television... something to put the Theismann clip to shame. On the other hand, at least it'd be fun to listen to the p*cker fans cry about it.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

The only thought that comes to my mind when I hear the possibility of the Jets playing in the Super Bowl is the Pukers getting a first round pick out of the deal.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
wab
Mod

I think its going to be a weird playoff run...

For the NFC I think the Giants get shocked early and the Panthers beat the Cards in the NFC Championship.

For the AFC there is no unstoppable team. My guess is that the the top two seeds (Pitt and Tenn) get upset and the Jets and Dolphins play in the AFC Championship.

After that? Who knows...