For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

FINAL REGULAR SEASON = 166-89-1

WILDCARD WEEKEND = 3-1
DIVISIONAL ROUND = 1-3
CONFERENCE FINALS = 2-0

Keep in mind I do not use any point spreads, as they serve no purpose than for gamblers to try and take your money. When the day comes that they stop the game, add on the point spreads at the end, and THEN declare a winner, then point spreads will have an input. Of course if that day ever comes, I will cease watching the NFL.

Arizona Cardinals over Pittsburgh Steelers

chalking it up to the Cardinals being this year's team of destiny ... besides, the Steelers have Lombardis already, so I'm going with the new guys

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
gaba
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:chalking it up to the Cardinals being this year's team of destiny ... besides, the Steelers have Lombardis already, so I'm going with the new guys
So... aside from sentimentality and "destiny" do you really think they can do it? I'd sure like to see them do it, but it's gonna be tough. I don't know if they can. I hope you're right though.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

The way the Cardinals beat the Panthers and Eagles in the playoffs after the way the Cardinals lost to them in the regular season, it shows me just how much better of a team Arizona is than their 9-7 regular season record says and makes me think they really can win this game.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

If they are on they can do it. We know they have the passing game, but if they can sneek in a few good runs here and there, it will just open it up all the more. Warner is about timing and his line gave him enough time to carve up Philly. The Steeler D is better, but if they are selling out and blitzing like wild dogs, I can see some short passes resulting in long gains.

The Card D has stepped up as well. Pitt O is nothing out of the ordinary and I think Card D can hang with that O. To me the game will be the Card O against the Pitt D.

I am leaning the Card way as well, sentimental reasons I guess.
gaba
Head Coach

I think they've got a few guys (specifically Warner and Edge) that can step it up in the playoffs. All it takes is a couple guys that KNOW how to win and a team willing to follow their example. I think they can do it.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

gaba wrote:So... aside from sentimentality and "destiny" do you really think they can do it? I'd sure like to see them do it, but it's gonna be tough. I don't know if they can. I hope you're right though.

if they bring their "A" game, I think they can beat anybody

if they bring their average turnover prone spastic game, Pittsburgh will win by 30

I think Warner will play a major role in team preparation and motivation, showing the benefits of having a veteran who has been there before ... he should be able to get them focused

he'll hook up big with Fitzgerald once or twice ... their defense will bring a scheme they know can get to Big Ben, and they will prevail in a hard fought hard hitting game

Cardinals 27 Steelers 21

As an additional note, I am happy most all of the sports shows have now gone away from the point spreads, picking head to head results. Oh they may jokingly allude to the spread now and again, and they may pick what they think the final score will be, but for the most part the Vegas line is not used to pick their winners. I applaud them for that.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
gaba
Head Coach

If Vegas had their way, the spread would be on the ring. Winner gets a Superbowl ring, but they didn't cover so the other team gets one too.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!