Redskins up to their old tricks.....

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

makaur
Pro Bowler

Albert Haynesworth......7 years $100 million, potential for $115 million based on performance, and something like $41 million guarnateed. *Assuming he doesn't meet the extra $15 million, that's just over $14 million per year or just under $6 million guaranteed each of those years.

DeAngelo Hall......6 years $54 million with $22.5 million guaranteed. *That's an average of $9 million per year or $3.75 million guaranteed over that same time.

* Before the salary cap Nazi's comment, I understand cap dollars/values are different (i.e. Haynesworth will get approximately $32 million of all of that for the first year), but just roll with me on the averages here......

My take: Haynesworth doesn't have 7 years in him. He just had a monster year, correct, but that was in Tennesee's defense. The Foreskins have Greg Blache calling the plays. Nuff said on that. Also, he's played 16 games in a season only once in his career.....his 2002 rookie season. That should tell you something about his durability (and one of the reasons I was against Tommie Harris getting such a big contract last year). The Foreskins have done it again....big splash with someone who won't live up to his contract, and cutting him too early will cost them dearly but cutting him too late won't exactly give them any cap relief.

DeAngelo Hall is now one of the highest paid CB's in the league....yet is awful in man coverage (despite reporting a 4.2 40 time). Re-signing him I understand, but I'm not quite sure I understand how this turd gets signed to that much money. Oh wait! It's Daniel Snyder. Nevermind.

Conclusion: Unfortunately, I now have the displeasure of having to listen to Foreskins fans starting today until mid season when they start losing again, but will be laughing my ass off in January as they come up with more excuses as to how they once again failed to make the playoffs. I just hope the Foreskins enjoy knowing that they're paying about 2 million each year for every Albert Haynesworth sack (and that's assuming teams don't put two OL on him) and about $1.5 million each year for every DeAngelo Hall interception. We can cry about how cheap the Bears can be every now and then, but at least we have an excuse as to why we don't make the playoffs.....the Foreskins have none.

Since I live relatively close to their Northern Virginia offices, I just wish I could figure out how to get a job with the team for two reasons: One, I could internally sabotage their franchise and no one would notice since they suck every year; and Two, I could make a lot of money in the process. If Daniel Snyder can't stand not spending his money, I have a lot of debt that I would love for Mr. Snyder to finance. While he's at it, he can offer me a signing bonus that would be enough for me to completely pay off my house....and the Foreskins would still suck!

:-P
G08
Hall of Famer

If you want, I can get you an "in" for the organization. My roommate and his girlfriend are very tight with the Cerrato family (in fact, they are family).
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:If you want, I can get you an "in" for the organization. My roommate and his girlfriend are very tight with the Cerrato family (in fact, they are family).

so are they morons too?

just asking, because Vinnie sure is ... but, he keeps his nose up Danny's ass and remains employed
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Haynesworth has played only 77% of the time since 2003, and has never started an entire season in his NFL career. The fact that he's getting $100 million is a f*$king joke.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
G08
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:

so are they morons too?

just asking, because Vinnie sure is ... but, he keeps his nose up Danny's ass and remains employed
They have their moments :lol:
UOK
Site Admin

That's just ignorant.
makaur
Pro Bowler

G08 wrote:If you want, I can get you an "in" for the organization. My roommate and his girlfriend are very tight with the Cerrato family (in fact, they are family).
Can they get me a signing bonus of, say, $400,000K after taxes? If so, then I'm game.

:D
G08
Hall of Famer

makaur wrote:
Can they get me a signing bonus of, say, $400,000K after taxes? If so, then I'm game.

:D
What's my cut, Tupac? :wink:
makaur
Pro Bowler

I'll let you have sloppy seconds with the hottest Foreskins cheerleader......

:evilgrin: