Cowboys Cut TO

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Updated: March 5, 2009, 12:20 AM ET
Source: Cowboys cut T.O.

The Dallas Cowboys have released controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith late Wednesday.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones did not deny the team is discussing the possible release of Owens in late February.

"That Stephen and I were debating about Terrell, that's just misinformation," Jones said regarding his son, Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones at the time. "That's just not accurate. I don't know where that comes from. That's just total misinformation."

The Cowboys paid Owens a $12 million signing bonus just last year, included as part of a new four-year, $34 million deal.

Owens caught 69 passes for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3953647
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I hope no one picks him up. I'm sick of hearing about him. I just want him to go away.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Halas85
Assistant Coach

Who will be the first Chicago sports columnist to argue for his signing to the Bears? My guess is the dumbass who argued a few weeks ago for the signing of Vick. If none of them advocate that the Bears should sign him, surely one or two will take the cowardly approach of saying the Bears should "take a look at T.O.," as if there's any mystery to what you get when he's on your team.
“Some say the 46 is just an eight-man front. That’s like saying Marilyn Monroe is just a girl.” -- Buddy Ryan
“It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy.” -- Uncle Lar
wab
Mod

You get one good no-bullshit year out of TO.
Fumblebuck
MVP

T.O. still has some football in him, but its no secret he's in rapid decline.

Is it me or does anyone else see him landing in New England?
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Fumblebuck wrote:Is it me or does anyone else see him landing in New England?
I don't. Randy Moss and Terrell Owens actually hate each other.

Would make a great football soap opera though.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Halas85 wrote:Who will be the first Chicago sports columnist to argue for his signing to the Bears? My guess is the dumbass who argued a few weeks ago for the signing of Vick.
and that was idiot ass anal sucking douche bag Carol Sleaze-sack, who is doing her best to help everyone forget Moron-etti by becoming even more of a clueless shit spewing jackass than he was

since she was all over Vick's nutsack like a second skin, I'm sure she will be all over B.O.'s as well
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

The teams that don't want Terrell Owens

By MJD

Terrell Owens is still technically the property of the Dallas Cowboys, so it would be against league rules for other teams to go on record as saying they are or aren't interesting in acquiring his services (though that hasn't stopped the Redskins).

ProFootballTalk.com, though, is keeping a list of teams that have made it known to them through "league sources" that they have no interest in Owens. As of right now, that list includes:

The Dallas Cowboys.
The New York Giants.
The Washington Redskins.
The Baltimore Ravens.
The San Francisco 49ers.
The Minnesota Vikings.
The Atlanta Falcons.
The Cleveland Browns.
The San Diego Chargers.
The Philadelphia Eagles.
The New York Jets.
The Tennessee Titans.
The St. Louis Rams.

And the Eagles and Dolphins are listed as teams that are expected to join the list soon. Donovan McNabb and Bill Parcells are the president and vice president of the "Terrell Owens Deserves a Giant Wedgie Club."

But there are no real surprises there, except maybe a couple of mild ones. The Redskins are always worth mentioning whenever an expensive free agent is available, and the Vikings wanted T.J. Houshmandzadeh badly, but whiffed. I guess they're only in the market for sane receivers.
gaba
Head Coach

Cancer... f*&k that. They guy's a f*&king receiver and we need a good one badly. No one wants him. That means he won't be getting a huge contract. He might WANT one, but he's not gonna get it. But F*&K, even if he demands it we should still at least think about it. He was such a HORRIBLE "distraction" in Dallas, with his 1,000 yards receiving and double-digit TDs each of the last 3 years. Even in Philly, where he was hated and he hated being... he put up really good numbers. The guy is a player and there is no way these pathetic mini-bears are above putting up with him.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!