Terrell Owens a Buffalo Bill

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Looks like it's a 1 year ~6.5 million dollar contract, which is less than what the Bills offered Laveraneus Coles.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29572125/

Say what you want about his antics, the guy is a stud WR.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Say what you want about his antics, the guy is a stud WR.
A stud WR makes a team better. Terrell Owens doesn't do that.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
gaba
Head Coach

I have to disagree imp. Sure, it'd be nice if here weren't such a douchebag, but the guy does make his team better. Unfortunately, he also complains loudly if they're not playing up to his level. That's not always a bad thing. There are a few teams (one I can think of off the top of my head) that could really use a guy like that.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
G08
Hall of Famer

His worst antics include not getting the ball enough when the team isn't winning. IF he came here, there'd be no excuse for us to not feed him the ball.

Again, we shit down our pants.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

He had 4 playoff wins with the 49ers. 3 of them were wildcard games. 3 of them he wasn't even the #1 WR on the team. Other than that, he has not played in a playoff win in his career. But you knuckleheads think he makes his teams better? 4 playoff wins in 13 years! I could care less what he does as an individual, he doesn't make his team better.

Owens had one of his worst seasons stats wise in 2008, yet was the most thrown to player on the Cowboys. To me, that says he's on the decline.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
wab
Mod

It doesn't bother me in the least that we didn't go after him....
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:His worst antics include not getting the ball enough when the team isn't winning. IF he came here, there'd be no excuse for us to not feed him the ball.

Again, we shit down our pants.
I call bullshit

he whines bitches and moans about not getting the ball even when his team does win ... because for him, it simply has to be all about him ... his attention whore diva persona outweighs anything he is capable of on the field

besides that, his best days are long behind him ... just this past season with the Cokeboys, he dropped many key passes in key situations, and seemed to quit on routes before the play was over ... not indications of a "stud WR", and there are absolutely no excuses for either ... especially when both are happening to the self proclaimed best WR in the NFL (which he is wrong about)

I am quite happy the Bears took a pass on Owens
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin