View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:21 am 
Hall of Famer

This is a very, very early "MY GUY!" from me :arrow: it's telling of how poorly I'm expecting this season to go :(

That being said, here's some very quick thoughts of mine on the kid:

I'm simply enamored by his athleticism, arm strength, size, and really his character: people have raved about it. His father played professional baseball and the kid spent a lot of his youth around professional athletes and it seems like it has rubbed off on him.

6'3" 230 lbs and he has a RIFLE for an arm (no joke, he can throw it 65 yards from his knees). He's this odd mix of Favre/Manziel/Rodgers when you look at his elite traits, but he still needs at least one year on the bench refining his mechanics (I don't like where he holds the ball nor how he stands in the pocket, needs to clean up his footwork as well) but the talent is there. He'll make some throws that will leave your jaw on the floor (across his body, but accurate and with zip) and other 'simple' throws that he will flat-out miss (read: mechanics).

I'm sure he'll move up the boards as the season progresses (of course, assuming his shoulder is healthy) but I'd gladly spend a 2nd or 3rd on the kid if he finishes out this season as I am expecting. He's not Russell Wilson, he's not Johnny Manziel, he's somewhere in the middle with a better arm than either.

Keep an eye on this kid... just turned 21 and is currently a Junior.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 pm 
Mod

Mason Rudolph is my guy if we trade up into the bottom of round 1 (as it stands now).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

wab wrote:
Mason Rudolph is my guy if we trade up into the bottom of round 1 (as it stands now).

I still predict, and we should double check this thread in months, that barring injury Rudolph will go top 5, if not top 3.

I watch his play and I feel like it's going to create a stupid frenzy, jettisoning him from a logical 16-32 selection to picks 1-5.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:30 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:

I haven't watched any of him yet... what do you like about him?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:06 pm 
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:

I haven't watched any of him yet... what do you like about him?

He's big and tough and mobile. He can make every throw and just has that..."it". He reminds me a lot of Andrew Luck. He does have a little bit of a weird hitch in his delivery...so that's something to note.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:30 pm 
Head Coach

wab wrote:

Idk if this is a bad game for him against CMU but his throws look high often, and not very accurate deep.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:19 pm 
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
This is a very, very early "MY GUY!" from me :arrow: it's telling of how poorly I'm expecting this season to go :(

That being said, here's some very quick thoughts of mine on the kid:

I'm simply enamored by his athleticism, arm strength, size, and really his character: people have raved about it. His father played professional baseball and the kid spent a lot of his youth around professional athletes and it seems like it has rubbed off on him.

6'3" 230 lbs and he has a RIFLE for an arm (no joke, he can throw it 65 yards from his knees). He's this odd mix of Favre/Manziel/Rodgers when you look at his elite traits, but he still needs at least one year on the bench refining his mechanics (I don't like where he holds the ball nor how he stands in the pocket, needs to clean up his footwork as well) but the talent is there. He'll make some throws that will leave your jaw on the floor (across his body, but accurate and with zip) and other 'simple' throws that he will flat-out miss (read: mechanics).

I'm sure he'll move up the boards as the season progresses (of course, assuming his shoulder is healthy) but I'd gladly spend a 2nd or 3rd on the kid if he finishes out this season as I am expecting. He's not Russell Wilson, he's not Johnny Manziel, he's somewhere in the middle with a better arm than either.

Just watched a quick reel of 2015 highlights, some of those throws are jaw dropping. Looks a little bit happy to scramble out of the pocket though. Not that I can evaluate talent for shit!

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:45 pm 
MVP

G08 wrote:
6'3" 230 lbs and he has a RIFLE for an arm (no joke, he can throw it 65 yards from his knees)

I'll keep an eye out, although the thing that immediately popped into my mind is -

I got excited back when Kyle Boller was getting buzz for doing the same.
(Turned out to be no better than the Sex Cannon)

I'm also pretty leery about QBs coming out of the TT system.

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:11 pm 
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote:
G08 wrote:
6'3" 230 lbs and he has a RIFLE for an arm (no joke, he can throw it 65 yards from his knees)

I'll keep an eye out, although the thing that immediately popped into my mind is -

I got excited back when Kyle Boller was getting buzz for doing the same.
(Turned out to be no better than the Sex Cannon)

I'm also pretty leery about QBs coming out of the TT system.

Ha, I remember Kyle Boller! Threw it through the goal posts from his knees at the 50 yard line, right?

I am more enamored with his overall skill-set than the numbers he is putting up in that spread system.

Great character (from what I've read)
Excellent size (6'3" 230 lbs)
Athletic/mobile (I think that's the new-age QB: the Russell Wilsons and Dak Prescott's of the NFL... hell, even Aaron Rodgers)
Huge arm (not necessarily needed, but I do have a soft spot for gunslingers... always will)

I think he can excel in our current offensive system, and when plays break down he can use that howitzer of his to give Alshon/White a chance to make a big play

Still, I think a bit more of the lure for me is that he can be had in round 2 (maybe round 3 as well) and I like that overall value and 'bang for my buck' than any of the first round QBs not named Kizer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:07 pm 
Hall of Famer

phpBB [video]

Vs Lousiana Tech 2016

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next