Moderator: wab

BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:
Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:
Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:butttt, mahomes is definitely this season's carson wentz right? another month and we'll be terrified that he wont make it to #3. :D
As I previously noted, Daniel Jeremiah had Carson Wentz going top 5 since January of last year.

one guy!
if you're positing that the majority opinion in the months leading up to the draft wasnt "wentz played against shit competition at NDSU and people need to temper their expectations" you're rewriting history.

the consensus came around slowly.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2016/2/3/10905068/todd-mcshay-2016-mock-draft-2-0-cowboys-grab-a-quarterback-carson-wentz
hey, that cowboys article links to a todd mcshay mock (in february) that says he's coming around on wentz kid from his previous mock (before february)! kind of like how people now, in february, are comin round to this majomes kid.

sounds like you and me agree 100% good to hear!
Pat Mahomes - QB - Red Raiders
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline is "concerned" about Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes' "downfield accuracy as well as the fact that the Texas Tech offense does not translate well to the next level."
"I’m mixed on Patrick Mahomes," Pauline wrote. "I understand why people are intrigued by the Texas Tech signal caller; he’s tough as nails, plays the position with vision as well as awareness and is not afraid to challenge defenses vertically. ... Like the other top quarterbacks in this draft, the potential is there for Mahomes but there’s also a large degree of downside and risk." Mahomes is the most divisive of the top-five quarterback prospects in this class. Analysts and NFL teams both disagree about whether his skills neatly translate to the next level. Heck, the Rotoworld NFL Draft team does not agree about Mahomes' NFL value.The
You think that is devaluing him? Because he doesn't neatly translate, they're saying that because he's different. Seems you just blew past this part

plays the position with vision as well as awareness

Remember your big concern about his field vision... also the guy you are quoting here has Kaaya as a 4th round pick... but I guess he's wrong when he disagrees with your opinion. Again, still no person referenced for your other scouting report.

And all you are showing with this scouting report is that the guy is getting different reviews from different people, not exactly understanding how you feel that is negative or even backs up your claim that

Mahomes is an Air Raid QB, Air Raid QBs have failed, therefore Mahomes will fail

bs reasoning. You still haven't brought a legitimate reason for why you think he will fail other than he was an air raid QB and he doesn't fit in the perfect mold of an NFL QB... wait, I forgot you claimed he couldn't see the field well until no one agreed with you and then you just fell back on "his play style".
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:
Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:
Adipost wrote:
As I previously noted, Daniel Jeremiah had Carson Wentz going top 5 since January of last year.

one guy!
if you're positing that the majority opinion in the months leading up to the draft wasnt "wentz played against shit competition at NDSU and people need to temper their expectations" you're rewriting history.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2016/2/3/10905068/todd-mcshay-2016-mock-draft-2-0-cowboys-grab-a-quarterback-carson-wentz
hey, that cowboys article links to a todd mcshay mock (in february) that says he's coming around on wentz kid from his previous mock (before february)! kind of like how people now, in february, are comin round to this majomes kid.

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline is "concerned" about Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes' "downfield accuracy as well as the fact that the Texas Tech offense does not translate well to the next level."
"I’m mixed on Patrick Mahomes," Pauline wrote. "I understand why people are intrigued by the Texas Tech signal caller; he’s tough as nails, plays the position with vision as well as awareness and is not afraid to challenge defenses vertically. ... Like the other top quarterbacks in this draft, the potential is there for Mahomes but there’s also a large degree of downside and risk." Mahomes is the most divisive of the top-five quarterback prospects in this class. Analysts and NFL teams both disagree about whether his skills neatly translate to the next level. Heck, the Rotoworld NFL Draft team does not agree about Mahomes' NFL value.The
You think that is devaluing him? Because he doesn't neatly translate, they're saying that because he's different. Seems you just blew past this part

Remember your big concern about his field vision... also the guy you are quoting here has Kaaya as a 4th round pick... but I guess he's wrong when he disagrees with your opinion. Again, still no person referenced for your other scouting report.

And all you are showing with this scouting report is that the guy is getting different reviews from different people, not exactly understanding how you feel that is negative or even backs up your claim that

Mahomes is an Air Raid QB, Air Raid QBs have failed, therefore Mahomes will fail

bs reasoning. You still haven't brought a legitimate reason for why you think he will fail other than he was an air raid QB and he doesn't fit in the perfect mold of an NFL QB... wait, I forgot you claimed he couldn't see the field well until no one agreed with you and then you just fell back on "his play style".
Your right, im sure this guy has no idea what he's talking about. I don't care what he said, i was just highlighting that my concern for his play style is not only mine with the bolded sentence.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:
Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:

one guy!

Your right, im sure this guy has no idea what he's talking about. I don't care what he said, i was just highlighting that my concern for his play style is not only mine with the bolded sentence.
Lol that doesn't back up what you're saying. You flat out said he's an air raid QB and that's why he will fail, even with evidence on tape that he is not just an air raid QB and then all you can come back with are a scouting report for which you have no name attached and a snippet of some other evaluator who slightly agrees with one part of your assessment but blows your old assessment out of the water... I'm pretty much done responding to anything else you have to say in this thread, your opinion on talent has been completely voided in my eyes.
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:

Lol that doesn't back up what you're saying. You flat out said he's an air raid QB and that's why he will fail, even with evidence on tape that he is not just an air raid QB and then all you can come back with are a scouting report for which you have no name attached and a snippet of some other evaluator who slightly agrees with one part of your assessment but blows your old assessment out of the water... I'm pretty much done responding to anything else you have to say in this thread, your opinion on talent has been completely voided in my eyes.
My talent evaluation is sound. In the long run, you may be proven right, and I may be proven wrong. But I highly doubt it. And what concrete facts do you have to completely void my evaluation at this point in time?
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:

My talent evaluation is sound. In the long run, you may be proven right, and I may be proven wrong. But I highly doubt it. And what concrete facts do you have to completely void my evaluation at this point in time?
The fact that you were pretty much begging people to agree with your incorrect assessment of his field vision, and when no one agreed with that assessment you jumped over to the vague "play style" argument. Then there is your inane reasoning about Kizer's shortcomings and decision making as a plot by Brian Kelly to destroy him. Not to mention you scoffing at the mere idea that someone could prefer Cook over Fournette.

I'm pretty sure no one here actually thinks your posts hold much value in terms of assessing talent.
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:

The fact that you were pretty much begging people to agree with your incorrect assessment of his field vision, and when no one agreed with that assessment you jumped over to the vague "play style" argument. Then there is your inane reasoning about Kizer's shortcomings and decision making as a plot by Brian Kelly to destroy him. Not to mention you scoffing at the mere idea that someone could prefer Cook over Fournette.

I'm pretty sure no one here actually thinks your posts hold much value in terms of assessing talent.
I stand by everything I've said about Mahomes. Just trying to inform you before you get too attached.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Aren't second generation namesake supposed to be "Jr." not "II"? Don't roman numerals come in at 3rd generation? I don't know why that bothers me...
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:

I stand by everything I've said about Mahomes. Just trying to inform you before you get too attached.
Meh, again, your opinion on anyone really doesn't carry much, so, guess we're done here.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

alexwilkins wrote:Aren't second generation namesake supposed to be "Jr." not "II"? Don't roman numerals come in at 3rd generation? I don't know why that bothers me...
Traditionally II's were named after their fathers, juniors were named after their uncles. I only know that because I looked it up after watching an old episode of James Bond Jr and was curious why he was James Bond's nephew.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:Aren't second generation namesake supposed to be "Jr." not "II"? Don't roman numerals come in at 3rd generation? I don't know why that bothers me...
Traditionally II's were named after their fathers, juniors were named after their uncles. I only know that because I looked it up after watching an old episode of James Bond Jr and was curious why he was James Bond's nephew.
i would give you a point for this if we still had points.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

He sounds like a gruff old QB, and of course his 2k player is a 3pt shooter lol and is a ketchup aficionado

[video][/video]
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:He sounds like a gruff old QB, and of course his 2k player is a 3pt shooter lol and is a ketchup aficionado

[video][/video]
Oh no, it sounds like you've already fallen in love.

BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:He sounds like a gruff old QB, and of course his 2k player is a 3pt shooter lol and is a ketchup aficionado

[video][/video]
Oh no, it sounds like you've already fallen in love.

If I'm Pace, I'm taking him at 3, so sure, guess the crush is already there. He has the athleticism and he his love for football continues to grow, he enjoys the challenge, he wants to get better. These are things you can't teach. And Leigh Steinberg is gonna get him into the first round, so might as well just take him at three and be done with it.

[video][/video]
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

[video][/video]
So he was a tad nervous and has poor taste. Clearly loves baseball, and definitely a big fan of basketball. He is engaging. I think he presents him self well.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

mmmc_35 wrote:
So he was a tad nervous and has poor taste. Clearly loves baseball, and definitely a big fan of basketball. He is engaging. I think he presents him self well.
Taste as in food or taste as in music? Cause I kinda like some migos songs lol
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I personally was speaking of ketchup sandwiches, because I don't know migo. However I would assume I probably don't like that either.
wab
Mod

It's not going to surprise me if Mahomes is the second QB taken once the dust settles.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

wab wrote:It's not going to surprise me if Mahomes is the second QB taken once the dust settles.
And this is why I would love to use Cutler to move up to #2. So we get either our choice of QB or Garrett.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Adipost
MVP

wab wrote:It's not going to surprise me if Mahomes is the second QB taken once the dust settles.
Adipost
MVP

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
And this is why I would love to use Cutler to move up to #2. So we get either our choice of QB or Garrett.
What does Cutler have to do with moving up to #2?
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Adipost wrote:
Atkins&Rebel wrote:
What does Cutler have to do with moving up to #2?
What could a guy we're trying to trade have anything to do with moving up in the draft? This is a hard one...let me do some research and get back to you some time next week.

(And if you actually figure it out, I didn't say it would happen or was even likely to happen...just what I'd love to see.)
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I finally put my finger on who Mahomes reminds me of:

[video][/video]
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Atkins&Rebel wrote:I finally put my finger on who Mahomes reminds me of:

[video][/video]
I could see that, I loved watching Warren Moon, used to love watching the Oilers play that old run and shoot, seeing him spray the ball all over the field.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

BamaBear09 wrote:
Atkins&Rebel wrote:I finally put my finger on who Mahomes reminds me of:

[video][/video]
I could see that, I loved watching Warren Moon, used to love watching the Oilers play that old run and shoot, seeing him spray the ball all over the field.
not just system style, watch how Moon threw when he was on the move. Definitely reminds me of how Mahomes throws when he is on the move.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Hmm, interesting comp.
Moon always looked downfield when moving; Mahomes seems to as well. And honestly, same need for refinement.

Now if only I had faith in Dowell Loggains to develop him.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote:Now if only I had faith in Dowell Loggains to develop him.
that is going to be the dilemma for whoever the Bears draft ... does the organization have on hand the proper people to mentor, teach and develop a young QB? they haven't in the past which has played into some of the absolute shit QB play we've witnessed over the years

if they do draft a QB, especially Mahomes, let's hope they also incorporate a development plan for him rather than just tossing him out there saying "show me what ya got kid"
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
wab
Mod

Boris13c wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:Now if only I had faith in Dowell Loggains to develop him.
that is going to be the dilemma for whoever the Bears draft ... does the organization have on hand the proper people to mentor, teach and develop a young QB? they haven't in the past which has played into some of the absolute shit QB play we've witnessed over the years

if they do draft a QB, especially Mahomes, let's hope they also incorporate a development plan for him rather than just tossing him out there saying "show me what ya got kid"
That's why I think Watson makes the most sense...he's at least NFL ready and is probably the safest out of all of them.
docc
Head Coach

I am equally torn between Watson and Mahomes..I just think that Mahomes had less of a team around him..and watching tape the kid keeps his eyes downfield..checks off..surveys..

Watson seems to have better options and can look for 1 of 2 excellent WR..

But either would be a good pick..
Mahomes would be my choice..especially if we can trade down and get him around #10.. Watson may go before we get to draft..then just pull the trigger on him wherever we draft..
wab
Mod

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.clevelan ... _prove.amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mahomes wants to go #1. Evaluators don't see him getting out of the top 15.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

mahomes and watson are going 1 and 2, and it's just going to be another one of those drafts.