R1,P2: Mitch Trubisky, QB - North Carolina

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/03/0 ... h-carolina" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

12 minutes
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Great find, best footage I have seen yet! Thanks

Few things I learned from this.

A. I didn't realize how much mobility he had.
B. He seems to read the field quickly and fire even quicker.
C. I like him even more now than before he was drafted.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

At this point I must admit I've drunk a huge pitcher of Mitch Trubisky kool-aid.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

I was wrong... it was a good move trading up for Biscuit... we now have hope for the future and it only cost us two 3rd round picks to secure... I take back every stupid meatball comment I made about this pick.
Dangerous J
Rookie

How would you guys rate Trubisky compared to Rosen & Darnold this year assuming he equaled or better his last year? Rosen & Darnold look like exciting QB prospects, but I heard someone earlier say Darnold is possibly the best QB prospect ever and I'm like slow down there, not with those horrendous mechanics. An article I read said if we get the #1 pick we should take Darnold because he's better and I almost choked.

Honestly Trubisky looks very comparable despite all the hype Darnold and Rosen are getting. Darnold has some of the ugliest mechanics for a top rated guy I've ever seen, but he makes it work. Trubisky's mechanics are nearly flawless besides a few things he had to clean up. Honestly his style of play looks very similar to Trubisky. Accurate in the short to mid, with a long ball that is alright but has room for improvement. Great feel in the pocket to avoid the rush & great throw on the run ability. Trubisky's arm was stronger on tape. Both have(had) an issue with throwing from a very open base, but Trubisky was completing those whereas Darnold has shorthopped it when throwing down the field. Trubisky is faster as runner, but Darnold is bigger so he'll be able to dish out some punishment on some smaller DB's occasionally. Both are good at using their eyes to manipulate the defense. Darnold's also thrown quite a few INT's at 7 only 4 games into the year. Some of have deflected off of his receivers hands and some have been pretty bad

Not really seen enough on Rosen to say, but I do know he has a big arm, throws accurately all over the field. More of a classic pocket passer. On the other hand, he throws lightning too much and balls tend to deflect off of his receivers hands, so he has to know when to use that velocity. I have seen him get flustered in games where the pocket isn't clean. I've also seen Rosen stare guys down and forces throws quite a bit. To his credit he makes those daring throws happen more often than not. He's got functional mobility to gain yards with his feet when they're there, but he won't be a dual threat like Trubisky and Darnold.

They seem like great QB prospects if we didn't have a guy I'd be excited to have a go at either, but this once in a millenia prospect nonsense I'm not buying. That's like Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, and IDK who else in NFL history(Maybe Elway?) pretty much. They just seem like good qb's in what's seen as a good qb year.
AlexMertz
Rookie

Here's a highlight reel from Mitchell's HS days. Some of the best football games I've ever witnessed were because of this kid.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope he dominates for the city of Chicago for the next decade!
AlexMertz
Rookie

Here's a link to Mitchell's High School highlights from his senior year. Some of the best football games I've ever witness were because of this kid so I can only hope he brings success to the Bears fans and organization!

Hope y'all enjoy!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

figured since we are now in year 2 of Mitchell's Bears career, it might be nice to bump this for a little review and reflection

seems many of us had legitimate questions about the trade to move up 1 spot to get Trubisky ... end result was Pace did what he felt he had to do to get his guy

fast forward to this Thursday before Wild Card weekend and I think we can all accept Pace did well in his assessment and acquisition of our QB for the present and future ... and teaming him with a coach who can develop him is turning out to be magical
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin